#pathString: sent to nil when loading with Metacello

#pathString: sent to nil when loading with Metacello

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I’m trying to pick up the Exercism project again - and when trying to come up with instructions for students to load a clean image from the command line (to fit in with their expectations from other tracks and show that Pharo is also capable of great command line foo) I get the error:

#pathString: was sent to nil - when I do:

./pharo-ui Pharo.image eval "
Metacello new
 baseline: 'Exercism';
 repository: '<a href="github://exercism/pharo:master/dev/src" class="">github://exercism/pharo:master/dev/src';
 load."

Ben Coman mentioned to me that this has something to do with the "pharo-project/pharo" repository being pre-defined in Pharo 7?

What does this mean? The repo //exercism/pharo was given to us by the Exercism team to match repo’s of other languages like //exercism/ruby etc.

So is this really what the problem is - we can’t have a repo that includes the name pharo - or have I misunderstood this? Is there a workaround I can put in the do-it to bypass this somehow?

I’m hoping we might have a good answer, as it was going so well in Pharo 6.

Tim