pay attention do not load the new version of RPackage

pay attention do not load the new version of RPackage

Stéphane Ducasse
and do not run the tests because I lost 5 hours of work yesterday and I discovered that RPackage is used to compute the MC elements and I was not aware of that.....
And now I'm totally lost.

:(

Re: pay attention do not load the new version of RPackage

Tudor Girba
It looks serious, but I am not sure I understand what the problem is, who generated it, and what can be done about it :(.

Doru

On 14 Apr 2011, at 21:31, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> and do not run the tests because I lost 5 hours of work yesterday and I discovered that RPackage is used to compute the MC elements and I was not aware of that.....
> And now I'm totally lost.
>
> :(

www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: pay attention do not load the new version of RPackage

Tudor Girba
The latest build of Moose works well and it loads the latest RPackage. However, it does not run the RPackage tests.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: pay attention do not load the new version of RPackage

Stéphane Ducasse
the load default load my changes and the problems is that RPackage was used to save the MCPackage
and since the tests were somehow breaking RPAckage notifications... then I ended up with package that are
incomplete. Now I'm trying to find the time to get a configuration
        that DOES NOT load the default
        so that I can redo the change I did (for example I'm not sure that the event handling does not break the
        class invariant in presence of metaclass, event are exposed to the client ann event everywhere...
        code of package dealing with category does not make sense, API part of RPackage is not consistent with the
        existing one)
        and I will clean the code of cyrille write more tests and ....
because right now we cannot ship something like that.
So I think that I will work a little month on RPackage from now.

Stef