persisting (and interacting server side) in Amber web apps

persisting (and interacting server side) in Amber web apps

sebastianconcept
Hi guys,

I'm starting with Amber and I want to know the options we have to persist the models of an Amber webapp

I had a fantastic introduction to it in a session with Nicolas where he even told me about using Seaside REST for the server side of the app.

I still need to see the whole picture about how to interact between DOM and server side.

There is any example app that includes interaction server side? or any other pointers to see how this is done?

thanks,

sebastian

o/

PS: I've installed SeasideRest and Kaliningrad and it's starting to feel nice!

Re: persisting (and interacting server side) in Amber web apps

Darius Clarke
 Hi Stefan,

I've reread your post here to the Amber-lang list.
Do you have any Amber example code you can share with me for my own project?
I can't find your amber-clone on github.

Cheers,
Darius
________________

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Stefan Krecher <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
In my amber-clone on github, there is a mongoDB binding for amber running on node.
Data (json) is sent to the server via http-post request.
Of course, using pharo/ riak on the serverside is much more cleaner - but an amber-only solution is very cool too :-)
regards,
Stefan
--
sent from my android-phone

Am 03.03.2012 00:00 schrieb "Sebastian Sastre" <[hidden email]>:

Hi guys,

I'm starting with Amber and I want to know the options we have to persist the models of an Amber webapp

I had a fantastic introduction to it in a session with Nicolas where he even told me about using Seaside REST for the server side of the app.

I still need to see the whole picture about how to interact between DOM and server side.

There is any example app that includes interaction server side? or any other pointers to see how this is done?

thanks,

sebastian

o/

PS: I've installed SeasideRest and Kaliningrad and it's starting to feel nice!

Re: persisting (and interacting server side) in Amber web apps

Stefan Krecher-3
Hi Darius,
here is my amber-clone: https://github.com/StefanKrecher/amber
But be aware that it is 10 months old. MongoDB sample-code is in the
FileServer.st
Feel free to ask if you have any more questions -
regards,
Stefan

2012/8/14 Darius Clarke <[hidden email]>:

>  Hi Stefan,
>
> I've reread your post here to the Amber-lang list.
> Do you have any Amber example code you can share with me for my own project?
> I can't find your amber-clone on github.
>
> Cheers,
> Darius
> ________________
>

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Stefan Krecher
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> In my amber-clone on github, there is a mongoDB binding for amber running
>> on node.
>> Data (json) is sent to the server via http-post request.
>> Of course, using pharo/ riak on the serverside is much more cleaner - but
>> an amber-only solution is very cool too :-)
>> regards,
>> Stefan
>> --
>> sent from my android-phone
>>
>> Am 03.03.2012 00:00 schrieb "Sebastian Sastre"
>> <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I'm starting with Amber and I want to know the options we have to persist
>>> the models of an Amber webapp
>>>
>>> I had a fantastic introduction to it in a session with Nicolas where he
>>> even told me about using Seaside REST for the server side of the app.
>>>
>>> I still need to see the whole picture about how to interact between DOM
>>> and server side.
>>>
>>> There is any example app that includes interaction server side? or any
>>> other pointers to see how this is done?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> sebastian
>>>
>>> o/
>>>
>>> PS: I've installed SeasideRest and Kaliningrad and it's starting to feel
>>> nice!

PS: I've installed SeasideRest and Kaliningrad and it's starting to feel nice!

Re: persisting (and interacting server side) in Amber web apps

senTalker
I'm not exactly sure what you are lookign for but... maybe you could
serialize your model to json (it *is* Javascript after all ;-), post
it to the server and persist it there?

2012/10/28 Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:

> On Friday, March 2, 2012 8:00:55 PM UTC-3, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm starting with Amber and I want to know the options we have to persist
>> the models of an Amber webapp
>>
>> I had a fantastic introduction to it in a session with Nicolas where he
>> even told me about using Seaside REST for the server side of the app.
>>
>> I still need to see the whole picture about how to interact between DOM
>> and server side.
>>
>> There is any example app that includes interaction server side? or any
>> other pointers to see how this is done?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> sebastian
>>
>> o/
>>
>> PS: I've installed SeasideRest and Kaliningrad and it's starting to feel
>> nice!

Re: persisting (and interacting server side) in Amber web apps

sebastianconcept
I'm looking for ways to do real-time collaboration using Amber.

And the most interesting way I've found so far is by using in the server side:

1. nodejs
2. amber
3. Redis for massive broadcasting of transident stuff
4. MongoDB or Riak for persisting the json of amber models
5. Socket.IO for transport

Seems that we are not quite there yet but the helios [1] branch could get us there.

What's missing?

1. complete the IDE for local work (debugger included)
2. create the stuff that uses Socket.IO so that IDE can work on a remote environment

we are about to organize efforts of the volunteers that will get us there so drop an email to Nicolas or me if you want to join

sebastian

[1] https://github.com/NicolasPetton/amber/tree/helios

2012/10/28 Sebastian Sastre <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="9oAKQ3GqEJEJ">sebastia...@...>:

> On Friday, March 2, 2012 8:00:55 PM UTC-3, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm starting with Amber and I want to know the options we have to persist
>> the models of an Amber webapp
>>
>> I had a fantastic introduction to it in a session with Nicolas where he
>> even told me about using Seaside REST for the server side of the app.
>>
>> I still need to see the whole picture about how to interact between DOM
>> and server side.
>>
>> There is any example app that includes interaction server side? or any
>> other pointers to see how this is done?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> sebastian
>>
>> o/
>>
>> PS: I've installed SeasideRest and Kaliningrad and it's starting to feel
>> nice!

Re: persisting (and interacting server side) in Amber web apps

SebastianHC
Hi Sebastian,

I'm currently looking into the posibillities that might be brought be using AmpleSDK.

The vast XML support withing AmpleSDK might open enough posibillities to be also able to also access bigger web service based backends.
One web service client I currently also evaluate is ws.js (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsajax/) it's old but the first thing I found....

I read you blog post and your question on mobile devices,... wel AmpleSDK might be a solution on this one, too.

Sebastian