perspective request for those earning a living from Smalltalk

12

Re: perspective request for those earningalivingfromSmalltalk

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 10-11-17 17:56, Prof. Andrew P. Black wrote:

>> On 6 Nov 2017, at 21:00 , Andrew Glynn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Btw, did Self ever work?

Self works fine. I played with it on a mac last year. I think Tobias
Pape released a new version last year or so.

Stephan

Re: perspective request for thoseearningalivingfromSmalltalk

aglynn42

Yea, I tried a really early version and it slipped my mind to ever get back to it – I did use NewtonScript a bit – I was one  of the few that liked the Newton, probably because I hate talking on the phone, lol.  It was pretty good on the last release of the Newton.  I still have it somewhere but I put it in a box in my last move and haven’t come across it again.  I like the iPhone ok, but I rarely answer calls, I use it as anything but a phone.

Planning to run up a version if I can get one that will run on Solaris 11, or at least I can rebuild the VM for it  – I have a couple of T2000’s and a couple of T5120’s – 64 threads and 64GB RAM should be plenty 😉.  Right now a bit short of time for just playing though.

Andrew Glynn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10