petit parser ui and position marker

NorbertHartl
I really like the petit parser ui to test and fix rule setup. But I'm missing something simple. If I type an example text and select rule and do parse I might get something like

end of input expected at 35

Is there a way to see in the example text where position 35 is? That would be useful.

Norbert

Re: petit parser ui and position marker

Lukas Renggli
Originally the cursor was positioned at the place of the error, but
maybe one of the recent changes in the editor or Glamour broke it?

Lukas

On Friday, 3 June 2011, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I really like the petit parser ui to test and fix rule setup. But I'm missing something simple. If I type an example text and select rule and do parse I might get something like
>
> end of input expected at 35
>
> Is there a way to see in the example text where position 35 is? That would be useful.
>
> Norbert

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: petit parser ui and position marker

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The behavior is still there.

After you parse and you get an error, the cursor moves where the error is.

Or is it not what you were looking for?

Cheers,
Doru

On 3 Jun 2011, at 16:33, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Originally the cursor was positioned at the place of the error, but
> maybe one of the recent changes in the editor or Glamour broke it?
>
> Lukas
>
> On Friday, 3 June 2011, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I really like the petit parser ui to test and fix rule setup. But I'm missing something simple. If I type an example text and select rule and do parse I might get something like
>>
>> end of input expected at 35
>>
>> Is there a way to see in the example text where position 35 is? That would be useful.
>>
>> Norbert

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

Am 05.06.2011 um 15:06 schrieb Tudor Girba:

> Hi,
>
> The behavior is still there.
>
> After you parse and you get an error, the cursor moves where the error is.
>
> Or is it not what you were looking for?

Oh, shame on me. I didn't notice the positioning of the cursor. Now I can see it :)

sorry,

Norbert