petitregex

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

PetitRegex has 6 failing tests. Would anyone be interested in fixing them?

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: petitregex

Jan Kurš
Hi,

I am confused about  this commit:

Name: PetitRegex-StephanEggermont.30
Author: StephanEggermont
Time: 10 November 2014, 12:21:14.634158 pm
UUID: 30da11c2-f338-454a-b9f6-4677f21bc791
Ancestors: PetitRegex-JanKurs.29

Marked Henry 45, 48, 87, 115, 199, 120
as expected failures.

I do not understand,...is it supposed to be failure, or is it marked as failure so that we don't see the failures in a build?

As long as I know, at least the Henry45 fails because of a missing PPContext object and this is definitely not expected...

Cheers,
Jan

On 3 November 2014 15:24, Jan Kurš <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unfortunately, it is not trivial fix (I already investigated). My guess is cca 1-2 days (for me). I might schedule it for the next week nevertheless.

Cheers,
Jan

On 30 October 2014 06:31, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

PetitRegex has 6 failing tests. Would anyone be interested in fixing them?

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: petitregex

Stephan Eggermont-3
Jan wrote:
>I do not understand,...is it supposed to be failure, or is it marked as failure so that we don't see the failures in a build?

It is not supposed to fail, but it has been doing for a long time.

>As long as I know, at least the Henry45 fails because of a missing PPContext object and this is definitely not expected...

No. It fails, and it then returns a nil PPContext. That is an additional problem.

Stephan

Re: petitregex

Jan Kurš
Hi,

So I spent some time with this issue and:

1) PetitRegex was never really working. I traced a history and implementation and a few tests were always failing. The problem is basically caused by the fact, that Petit does not backtrack (regex does)
2) Considering the fact, that PetitRegex parse only regular languages and with an extension I implemented for the islands and some extra effort, I was able to fix these errors.
3) The performance is probably bad, but it works (according to the test suite :)
4) I updated PPManifestMfParser to pass the tests as well

So in short, all the Petit* tests should pass now.

Cheers,
Jan

Jan wrote:
>So in short, all the Petit* tests should pass now.

That is great, thank you!

Stephan

Re: petitregex

Tudor Girba-2