pharo 5 crashing

Sean Glazier
Hi,

I have been saving and restarting my images all night and I carefully do a save as regularly in case I toast an image. This morning I can not seem to start up any of my images including a clean one. Head scratch. std err has it dying in the weak array finalization process. Could I get enlightened as to why?

[31m
[0mProcess>>terminate
WeakArray class>>restartFinalizationProcess
WeakArray class>>startUp:
ClassSessionHandler>>startup:
[ :each | each startup: isImageStarting ] in WorkingSession>>runStartup: in Block: [ :each | each startup: isImageStarting ]
[ aBlock value: each ] in [ :each |
[ aBlock value: each ]
on: Exception
do: [ :error | self errorHandler handleError: error ] ] in WorkingSession>>runList:do: in Block: [ aBlock value: each ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[ :each |
[ aBlock value: each ]
on: Exception
do: [ :error | self errorHandler handleError: error ] ] in WorkingSession>>runList:do: in Block: [ :each | ...
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorkingSession>>runList:do:
WorkingSession>>runStartup:
WorkingSession>>start:
SessionManager>>snapshot:andQuit:
SmalltalkImage>>snapshot:andQuit:
[ Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: false ] in WorldState class>>saveSession in Block: [ Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: false ]
BlockClosure>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
WorldState class>>saveSession
[ | selArgCount |
"show cursor in case item opens a new MVC window"
(selArgCount := selector numArgs) = 0
ifTrue: [ target perform: selector ]
ifFalse: [ selArgCount = arguments size
ifTrue: [ target perform: selector withArguments: arguments ]
ifFalse: [ target perform: selector withArguments: (arguments copyWith: evt) ].
self showShortcut ].
self changed ] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent: in Block: [ | selArgCount |...
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>mouseUp:
ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>handleMouseUp:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>handleMouseUp:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
[ ^ anEvent sentTo: self ] in MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with: in Block: [ ^ anEvent sentTo: self ]
[0m

Kind Regards,

Sean Glazier

Re: pharo 5 crashing

Ben Coman
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Sean Glazier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been saving and restarting my images all night and I carefully do a
> save as regularly in case I toast an image. This morning I can not seem to
> start up any of my images including a clean one.

Strange that it happens with a clean image.  Could you give a
blow-by-blow of downloading Image & VM and running them?

Did you have any startup scripts? (Though I can't find a link to
describe the current way startup scripts are handled)

cheers -ben