pharo 64 bits on mac os X - El Capitan

Renaud
Hi all

I want to run pharo on Mac Os X. It is on old hardware, and thus, I cannot upgrade to latest version of MacOsX. I am trying to run in on El Capitan - v 10.11.6.

When I start pharo from the command line, I have this error:
$ ./Pharo

Illegal instruction Tue Dec 26 11:12:55 2017

VM: 201707201942 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $ Date: Thu Jul 20 12:42:21 2017 -0700 $
Plugins: 201707201942 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $

Abort trap: 6

I am using latest 6.1 64bit link from pharo web site.

If I am using the command line install with curl, I have the following result:
./pharo-ui

Illegal instruction Tue Dec 26 11:19:49 2017

VM: 201707201942 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $ Date: Thu Jul 20 12:42:21 2017 -0700 $
Plugins: 201707201942 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $

./pharo-ui: line 11:   991 Abort trap: 6           "$DIR"/"pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo" "$@"

Any hint ? Or should we specify a minimal version of mac os X for 64 bit version ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Renaud

Re: pharo 64 bits on mac os X - El Capitan

Andreas Brodbeck-3
Am 26.12.17 um 17:22 schrieb Renaud de Villemeur:
> Hi all
>
> I want to run pharo on Mac Os X. It is on old hardware, and thus, I cannot
> upgrade to latest version of MacOsX. I am trying to run in on El Capitan -
> v 10.11.6.

I run the newest Pharo 6.1 64bit (Installed via curl zeroconf URL
get.pharo.org/64/61+vm) on El Capitan everyday without any problems. Can
not think of a hint to your problem, right now.

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas Brodbeck
www.mindclue.ch