pharo dev 1.1 & Cog

NorbertHartl
I tried to launch the latest pharo dev 1.1 with vm 5.8b10 and it crashes. Is this known to cause problems or should it work?

thanks,

Norbert

Re: pharo dev 1.1 & Cog

NorbertHartl
Ah, different problem.

I enabled system updates in Settings. But doing "Software udpate" didn't update anything so I assumed it is the newest stuff already but it wasn't. Installing the changeset for cog makes it work.

Sorry,

Norbert

On 22.09.2010, at 17:19, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> I tried to launch the latest pharo dev 1.1 with vm 5.8b10 and it crashes. Is this known to cause problems or should it work?
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

Re: pharo dev 1.1 & Cog

Schwab,Wilhelm K
No problem, you answered your own question :)  1.1.1 apparently has the required changes integrated, and there are one-click images that use Cog.

I enabled system updates in Settings. But doing "Software udpate" didn't update anything so I assumed it is the newest stuff already but it wasn't. Installing the changeset for cog makes it work.

Sorry,

Norbert

On 22.09.2010, at 17:19, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> I tried to launch the latest pharo dev 1.1 with vm 5.8b10 and it crashes. Is this known to cause problems or should it work?
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

Re: pharo dev 1.1 & Cog

Marcus Denker-4

On Sep 22, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> No problem, you answered your own question :)  1.1.1 apparently has the required changes integrated, and there are one-click images that use Cog.

Not yet official images... and we need some more fixes for 1.1.1 core, too. This will be done soon....

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: pharo dev 1.1 & Cog

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sep 22, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> No problem, you answered your own question :)  1.1.1 apparently has the required changes integrated, and there are one-click images that use Cog.

Not yet official images... and we need some more fixes for 1.1.1 core, too. This will be done soon....

And there are several erros/failing tests with CogVM. I've already sent email and I am waiting for the answer....otherwise we cannot release PharoDev 1.1.1

       Marcus