pharo development behind an ISA proxy server

pharo development behind an ISA proxy server

zekUs
Hi all,

I am glad to see the new release of Pharo. thanks to all people make this happen.

I am developing behind an ISA proxy server at work. this proxy server needs user creditentials to connect through it. in new settings browser comes with pharo 1.1 i found options about proxy host and port but no place for user creditentials.

is there a way to access metacello repositories through a authenticated proxy server?

thanks.

--
Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Re: pharo development behind an ISA proxy server

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM, zekUs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am glad to see the new release of Pharo. thanks to all people make this happen.

:)

I am developing behind an ISA proxy server at work. this proxy server needs user creditentials to connect through it. in new settings browser comes with pharo 1.1 i found options about proxy host and port but no place for user creditentials.

Hi. It's weird...At some point there were the form to put username and password, but I have just checked and you are right.

Can you try to evaluate something like this:

HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: '10.100.1.4' port: 9090 proxyUser: 'XXX' password: 'YYY'

You can also read this thread:

http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Proxy-in-1-1-tp1311756p1311756.html

Alain any idea?

Cheers

Mariano

is there a way to access metacello repositories through a authenticated proxy server?

thanks.

--
Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Re: pharo development behind an ISA proxy server

zekUs
i read the thread now.

and i tried to enter username as DOMAIN\user.name and user.name and domain\user.name but no one worked.

i evaluated username password above from workspace but no chance.

2010/7/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
[...]

Stéphane Ducasse
this is strange
can you check in squeak?
I saw some code of andreas adding creditentials but when I checked we already got these changes.

Stef

On Jul 27, 2010, at 3:35 PM, zekUs wrote:

> i read the thread now.
>
> and i tried to enter username as DOMAIN\user.name and user.name and domain\user.name but no one worked.
>
> i evaluated username password above from workspace but no chance.
>
> 2010/7/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
> Hi.
>
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:16 PM, zekUs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am glad to see the new release of Pharo. thanks to all people make this happen.
>

> :)
>
> I am developing behind an ISA proxy server at work. this proxy server needs user creditentials to connect through it. in new settings browser comes with pharo 1.1 i found options about proxy host and port but no place for user creditentials.
>

> Hi. It's weird...At some point there were the form to put username and password, but I have just checked and you are right.
>
> Can you try to evaluate something like this:
>
> HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: '10.100.1.4' port: 9090 proxyUser: 'XXX' password: 'YYY'
>
> You can also read this thread:
>
> http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Proxy-in-1-1-tp1311756p1311756.html
>
> Alain any idea?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>

> is there a way to access metacello repositories through a authenticated proxy server?
>
> thanks.
>
> --
> Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

> Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ - http://zekzekus.com/blog

Re: pharo development behind an ISA proxy server

can you open one issue for setting and another one for the creditentials?

Stef