pharo-project home page broken [was Re: Array size in inspector]

pharo-project home page broken [was Re: Array size in inspector]

Ben Coman
I didn't see any response to my previous report of this a few days
ago... so is it just me?
Does anyone else have Firefox 12.0 on Windows 7 ?
and can you confirm http://www.pharo-project.org looks fine for you ?

Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It doens't need to be StackOverflow necessary. We also have:
>> "A friendly place where any question about pharo is welcome"
>> <[hidden email]>,
>>

> you are right. I've just update the Pharo website to give more
> emphasis to this user mailing list and to stackoverflow.

something looks wrong from FireFox 12.0 on Windows 7.  see attached.
 It looks okay when I view it in IETab.

Re: pharo-project home page broken [was Re: Array size in inspector]

Mariano Martinez Peck

<[hidden email]> wrote:

It doens't need to be StackOverflow necessary. We also have:
"A friendly place where any question about pharo is welcome"
<[hidden email]>,

you are right. I've just update the Pharo website to give more
emphasis to this user mailing list and to stackoverflow.

something looks wrong from FireFox 12.0 on Windows 7.  see attached.
It looks okay when I view it in IETab.

Looks fine in Firefox  13.0.1 on MacOSX and Safari.
BTW,there is nothing attached.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: pharo-project home page broken [was Re: Array size in inspector]

Max Leske
Ben,
that sounds interesting. Could you please try again to attach a screenshot? I'll try to reproduce any strange looking things on monday when I'm back at work and have access to Win7.

Cheers,
Max

Untitled.png (218K) Download Attachment

Damien Cassou wrote (in the original thread):

> Hi Ben,
>
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> something looks wrong from FireFox 12.0 on Windows 7.  see attached.
>> It looks okay when I view it in IETab.
>>

> I can't reproduce, I have Firefox 13 on linux. Do you still have the problem?

Yes it is still a problem.  If I install FF13 perhaps perhaps the
problem will be solved for me, but then lose the chance to troubleshoot
this for other FF12 users.  It could just be me.
Other options would be to temporarily revert that last change, or put up
a reverted copy under another url.

btw,  http://pharo-project.org is redirecting to
http://pharo-project.org/home - I don't remember it doing that before,
but this could be a red herring....

Ben Coman wrote:

> see attached.
>
> Max Leske wrote:
> > Ben,
> > that sounds interesting. Could you please try again to attach a screenshot? I'll try to reproduce any strange looking things on monday when I'm back at work and have access to Win7.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Max
> >

> > On 24.06.2012, at 14:44, Ben Coman wrote:
> >

> >> I didn't see any response to my previous report of this a few days ago... so is it just me?
> >> Does anyone else have Firefox 12.0 on Windows 7 ?
> >> and can you confirm http://www.pharo-project.org looks fine for you ?

> >> something looks wrong from FireFox 12.0 on Windows 7.  see attached.
> >> It looks okay when I view it in IETab.

Re: pharo-project home page broken [was Re: Array size in inspector]

Damien Cassou
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes it is still a problem.  If I install FF13 perhaps perhaps the problem
> will be solved for me, but then lose the chance to troubleshoot this for
> other FF12 users.  It could just be me. Other options would be to
> temporarily revert that last change, or put up a reverted copy under another
> url.

I can *not* reproduce on Windows 7 and Firefox 12 (yes 12). So, it's
probably just you :-). Could you please try to create a new firefox
profile and try from there?

Thank you

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes it is still a problem.  If I install FF13 perhaps perhaps the problem
>> will be solved for me, but then lose the chance to troubleshoot this for
>> other FF12 users.  It could just be me. Other options would be to
>> temporarily revert that last change, or put up a reverted copy under another
>> url.
>>

> I can *not* reproduce on Windows 7 and Firefox 12 (yes 12). So, it's
> probably just you :-). Could you please try to create a new firefox
> profile and try from there?
>
> Thank you

I created a new Windows user and it is fine from there.
Thanks Damien.