pharo smalltalk for an usb stick

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: pharo smalltalk for an usb stick

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Maybe Moose could be of interest:
http://www.moosetechnology.org/download

Cheers,
Doru

On 6 Jun 2010, at 20:43, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At OFSET (http://www.ofset.org) we are preparing an usb stick with a
> live linux system installed into it plus free software of interest
> for teaching. The usb sticks will be for sell during the RMLL 2010
> at Bordeaux (http://2010.rmll.info/)
> I proposed to integrate a Pharo environment along some documentation.
> Do you have any suggestion about what we should include into it?
>
> A few list of things to include:
>
> - Pharo-dev 1.1 one-click distribution
> - Pharo By Example book
> - Packages to install in the image:
>  - DrGeo II (of course)
>  - ....
>  - ....
>
> Please fill the list with your suggestions.
>
> Hilaire

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

On Jun 6, 2010, at 8:43 PM, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At OFSET (http://www.ofset.org) we are preparing an usb stick with a live linux system installed into it plus free software of interest for teaching. The usb sticks will be for sell during the RMLL 2010 at Bordeaux (http://2010.rmll.info/)
> I proposed to integrate a Pharo environment along some documentation.
> Do you have any suggestion about what we should include into it?
>
> A few list of things to include:

I'm not sure that 1.1 will be ready for you so if you can put 1.0-dev and 1.1rc-dev

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: pharo smalltalk for an usb stick

Tudor Girba
Yes.

You have several options (I would suggest the first one):

1. The Moose 4.0 (based on Pharo 1.0) one-click image:
http://moosetechnology.org/res/download/moose-suite-4_0.app.zip

2. Load the 4.0 in a Pharo 1.0 image:
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Moose';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
        load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadRelease40

3. Load the latest development version in Pharo 1.1 dev image:
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Moose';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
        load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault

Cheers,
Doru

On 6 Jun 2010, at 21:15, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Is Moosse directly usable once installed in a Pharo image?
>
> Hilaire
>
> Tudor Girba a écrit :
>> Maybe Moose could be of interest:
>> http://www.moosetechnology.org/download

www.tudorgirba.com

"When people care, great things can happen."

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: pharo smalltalk for an usb stick

Stéphane Ducasse
None
this is just that we should do the releaseCandidate 1.
We will do that after lunch with marcus.

Stef

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.