( picoVerse-:( AidaWeb vs Seaside ) )

Kjell Godo
Is it true that Seaside doesn't do Model View Presenter?

I like Model View Presenter( controller ).

What is the reason why AidaWeb exists?

I have read that in Seaside it is easier to reuse web components
by composition of Objects.  I like reuse.

I guess Ajax and Comet make it quicker to update web pages?

Also Seaside has an online book.  I really like the online book.
But this mailing list seems quite responsive too.

The reason I chose AidaWeb is because the Seaside for Dolphin
was not available a few days ago when I checked.

Re: ( picoVerse-:( AidaWeb vs Seaside ) )

Herbert König
Hi Kjell,

KG> Is it true that Seaside doesn't do Model View Presenter?

you'd better ask this the seasiders. I tried their tutorial and found
it much less familiar than Aida which I tried later. At least seaside
does not advertise MVC/P.

KG> What is the reason why AidaWeb exists?

Aida was used commercially and then donated to the community. The real
reply can only come from Janko here :-))

KG> I guess Ajax and Comet make it quicker to update web pages?

Ajax is built in so you can use AidaWeb without noticing you use Ajax.
Comet is a Pattern in Aida, this was discussed here and can be found
in the archives.

There is work in progress to make it even quicker because I need web
applications to be as quick as local GUI applications.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]