( picoVerse-:( What I want to do with AidaWeb ) )

( picoVerse-:( What I want to do with AidaWeb ) )

Kjell Godo
Hello

Is it possible for AidaWeb to act like a client in a connectionless
client server setup?

I would like to use AidaWeb as an html based extention of the
Dolphin Graphical User Interface.

I would like to make a Dolphin based client server system where
small binary blobs of data are exchanged via a raw socket.
It might be highly connection oriented or it might be connectionless.
I don't know which is better.

What is a good way to make a client server setup using Dolphin?

I want to make an online "extreme programming" system based on
picoLARC( sourceforge.net ) and Smalltalk etc for educational
purposes.

One of the educational projects might be making websites using
AidaWeb.  Since picoLARC is a superset of Smalltalk mostly
this aught to be doable.

picoLARC LambdaLisp is not fast right now but it can delegate
mostly to Dolphin. ( at:put: anArray 1 anObject ) in picoLARC
is equivalent to ( anArray at: 1 put: anObject ) in Smalltalk.

Re: ( picoVerse-:( What I want to do with AidaWeb ) )

Janko Mivšek
Hi Kjell,

Kjell Godo pravi:

> Is it possible for AidaWeb to act like a client in a connectionless
> client server setup?

We just started an Aida Offline project, as you can see from a separate
post :) To support offline Gmail-like apps...

> I would like to use AidaWeb as an html based extention of the
> Dolphin Graphical User Interface.

Then you can simply add Aida to the local image where your app is, then
connect from browser as http://localhost... ?

> I would like to make a Dolphin based client server system where
> small binary blobs of data are exchanged via a raw socket.
> It might be highly connection oriented or it might be connectionless.
> I don't know which is better.
>
> What is a good way to make a client server setup using Dolphin?

You need kind of inter-image communication in that case. HTTP protocol
could be used, Swazoo as a server on server side, some HTPClient lib on
the client one. For the server to client communication you use so called
reverse HTTP approach, usually used in Comet.

> I want to make an online "extreme programming" system based on
> picoLARC( sourceforge.net ) and Smalltalk etc for educational
> purposes.
>
> One of the educational projects might be making websites using
> AidaWeb.  Since picoLARC is a superset of Smalltalk mostly
> this aught to be doable.
>
> picoLARC LambdaLisp is not fast right now but it can delegate
> mostly to Dolphin. ( at:put: anArray 1 anObject ) in picoLARC
> is equivalent to ( anArray at: 1 put: anObject ) in Smalltalk.

This your project is quite interesting. Unfortunatelly I don't know much
about Lisp or Prolog but I can imagine the benefits you achieved. Good work!

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek