pier 1.2

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Pier 1.2:
http://www.piercms.com/download

What’s new:
- Mature value links (see http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax for more
details)
- No _s or _k cruft in the url
- Remembered last login
- Smaller javascript code for faster page loading
- Better default CSS (including a style for events)
- Halos for enhanced editing
- Pharo 0.1-10374 inside

Enjoy and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Lukas and Doru

Re: pier 1.2

drush66
On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Pier 1.2:
http://www.piercms.com/download

Hi and great news!

Do you have any hints on migrating from previous release of pier? I hope that saving content and reloading it in new version works? List of changed css/image files would also be helpfull so that folks who have customized them could integrate their changes into new version.

thanks!

rush

Re: pier 1.2

keith1y

> - No _s or _k cruft in the url
Where did it go?

Keith

Re: [squeak-dev] pier 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck
Excellent news!!!

What I a afraid when updating to this type of projects is that perhaps there are a lot of external non-maintenance anymore packages like pier-addons that don't work any more.

In this version of Pier, did you change important core things? I mean, pieraddons would probably work?

Thanks!

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Milan Zimmermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I just tried -  pier.sh should probably refer to pier.image instead of
Seaside.image.

Milan

On July 11, 2009, Tudor Girba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce the release of Pier 1.2:
> http://www.piercms.com/download
>
> What’s new:
> - Mature value links (see http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax for more
> details)
> - No _s or _k cruft in the url
> - Remembered last login
> - Smaller javascript code for faster page loading
> - Better default CSS (including a style for events)
> - Halos for enhanced editing
> - Pharo 0.1-10374 inside
>
> Enjoy and let us know what you think.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas and Doru

Re: [squeak-dev] pier 1.2

Tudor Girba-3
Indeed, thanks for reporting. We updated the download.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: [squeak-dev] pier 1.2

Tudor Girba-3

On 11 Jul 2009, at 21:27, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Excellent news!!!
>
> What I a afraid when updating to this type of projects is that
> perhaps there are a lot of external non-maintenance anymore packages
> like pier-addons that don't work any more.
>
> In this version of Pier, did you change important core things? I
> mean, pieraddons would probably work?

Some things have changed in the core, but most of these changes are
transparent, and most plugins should continue to work as before.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
  Tomorrow is a possibility.
  Today is a challenge."

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: pier 1.2

Tudor Girba-3

You can migrate in two ways:
1. Load the latest code in your image by executing in a workspace:

ScriptLoader  loadLatestPackage: 'Pier-Setup' from: 'http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pieraddons'
.
(Smalltalk at: #PRLoader) perform: #load

2. Use the export/import feature:
http://www.piercms.com/blog/export-import

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that
happen. They both matter."

Re: pier 1.2

Tudor Girba-3

>> - No _s or _k cruft in the url
> Where did it go?

In the cookies.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Being happy is a matter of choice."

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: pier 1.2

johnmci

On 11-Jul-09, at 7:07 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> 2. Use the export/import feature:
> http://www.piercms.com/blog/export-import
>
> Cheers,
> Doru

For WikiServer we actually export the files tree, then on import we
delete the current files directory
and drop in the replacement files and run the garbage collection on
the files.

If someone twists my arm I can post the changes that we used to enable
the zip of a directory (from Sophie codebase)
then unzip and GC work etc.

I note on the iPhone we actually add files to the zip archive using no-
compression otherwise too many seconds/minutes'
are consumed by trying to compres PNG or TIFFs which could already be
compressed.

=
=
=
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:
squeaker68882
=
=
=

Re: [squeak-dev] pier 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Pier 1.2:
http://www.piercms.com/download

What’s new:
- Mature value links (see http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax for more details)
- No _s or _k cruft in the url

I don't know if this clean urls are working for me. I just downloaded it and created a search component. I click on it an do a search and this is the link:

http://localhost:8080/seaside/pier/search?_s=p7noU6JYJ9ICQT3v&_k=Mk0wyNH7

Now, the question is... _s and _k should NEVER should appear ?

Thanks!

Mariano

- Remembered last login
- Smaller javascript code for faster page loading
- Better default CSS (including a style for events)
- Halos for enhanced editing
- Pharo 0.1-10374 inside

Enjoy and let us know what you think.

Cheers,
Lukas and Doru

Re: pier 1.2

johnmci
Ok, I was putting together WikiServer 1.5, so do I load all the latest
Pier and Magritte to get the Pier 1.2 version?

--
=
=
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:
squeaker68882
=
=
=

Re: pier 1.2

Lukas Renggli
> Ok, I was putting together WikiServer 1.5, so do I load all the latest Pier
> and Magritte to get the Pier 1.2 version?

Yes. Simply load the latest Seaside 2.8.4, latest Magritte, latest
Pier and latest Pier plugins (in that order). I already did that for a
dozen of live pages and it worked without problems.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: pier 1.2

Tudor Girba-3
To update, you can also just execute:

On 15 Jul 2009, at 08:15, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Ok, I was putting together WikiServer 1.5, so do I load all the
>> latest Pier
>> and Magritte to get the Pier 1.2 version?
>
> Yes. Simply load the latest Seaside 2.8.4, latest Magritte, latest
> Pier and latest Pier plugins (in that order). I already did that for a
> dozen of live pages and it worked without problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."