[pier][ANN]A tutorial on pier styles

David Zmick
I have written a tutorial on "theming", and changing the way Pier looks, and I would like some people to read it and give me feedback.  The majority of the document is about setting up Apache to host static content for Pier to use.  Any sugestion are welcome, I hope I didn't mess to much up. the tutorial is at http://w337.uni.cc/PierDocs/customizingLook.pdf

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\

Re: [pier][ANN]A tutorial on pier styles

EstebanLM
Hi, David
I just tried to download your tutorial but link seems to be broken.

Anyway... can somebody tell me how do I use different stylesheets fron
different pages? there is a "stylesheet" field in page settings, but I
don't know how to upload the stylesheet...

Thanks,
Esteban

On 2008-08-22 02:54:08 -0300, "David Zmick" <[hidden email]> said:

> I have written a tutorial on "theming", and changing the way Pier looks, and
> I would like some people to read it and give me feedback.  The majority of
> the document is about setting up Apache to host static content for Pier to
> use.  Any sugestion are welcome, I hope I didn't mess to much up. the
> tutorial is at http://w337.uni.cc/PierDocs/customizingLook.pdf

Re: [pier][ANN]A tutorial on pier styles

Tudor Girba-3
To work with the stylesheet you can do the following:
- add a File (let's say you created /environment/anothercss)
- go to the page you want to add the stylesheet for
- go to the settings of this page
- in the stylesheet field add /environment/anothercss
- access Edit Design command and you will have an editor for the css

Cheers,
Doru

On Sep 13, 2008, at 10:57 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi, David
> I just tried to download your tutorial but link seems to be broken.
>
> Anyway... can somebody tell me how do I use different stylesheets fron
> different pages? there is a "stylesheet" field in page settings, but I
> don't know how to upload the stylesheet...
>
> Thanks,
> Esteban
>
> On 2008-08-22 02:54:08 -0300, "David Zmick" <[hidden email]>
> said:
>

>> I have written a tutorial on "theming", and changing the way Pier
>> looks, and
>> I would like some people to read it and give me feedback.  The
>> majority of
>> the document is about setting up Apache to host static content for
>> Pier to
>> use.  Any sugestion are welcome, I hope I didn't mess to much up. the
>> tutorial is at http://w337.uni.cc/PierDocs/customizingLook.pdf

www.tudorgirba.com
www.tudorgirba.com/blog

"When people care, great things can happen."

Re: [pier][ANN]A tutorial on pier styles

EstebanLM
Thanks!

On 2008-09-13 18:39:51 -0300, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> said:

> To work with the stylesheet you can do the following:
> - add a File (let's say you created /environment/anothercss)
> - go to the page you want to add the stylesheet for
> - go to the settings of this page
> - in the stylesheet field add /environment/anothercss
> - access Edit Design command and you will have an editor for the css
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Sep 13, 2008, at 10:57 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> Hi, David
>> I just tried to download your tutorial but link seems to be broken.
>>
>> Anyway... can somebody tell me how do I use different stylesheets fron
>> different pages? there is a "stylesheet" field in page settings, but I
>> don't know how to upload the stylesheet...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Esteban
>>
>> On 2008-08-22 02:54:08 -0300, "David Zmick" <[hidden email]>
>> said:
>>

>>> I have written a tutorial on "theming", and changing the way Pier
>>> looks, and
>>> I would like some people to read it and give me feedback.  The
>>> majority of
>>> the document is about setting up Apache to host static content for
>>> Pier to
>>> use.  Any sugestion are welcome, I hope I didn't mess to much up. the
>>> tutorial is at http://w337.uni.cc/PierDocs/customizingLook.pdf

Re: [pier][ANN]A tutorial on pier styles

David Zmick
yes, the link is broken, and i don't have time to fix it, I'm too busy with school, but, I'm working on it whenever I get the chance.

Thanks!