[pier] Ideal pier setup

David Zmick
what is the "ideal" way to get a working pier image for deployment set up?

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\

Re: [pier] Ideal pier setup

keith1y
David Zmick wrote:
> what is the "ideal" way to get a working pier image for deployment set up?
>
> --
> David Zmick

I think that the ideal method is to load all the stuff from UNiverses or
Sake/Packages. By default a pier application is added to seaside.

My suggestion is that when you select the PRFrame the whole site comes
preconfigured according to the chosen frame class

Keith

Re: [pier] Ideal pier setup

David Zmick
should i start with a base squeak 3.10 image?

David Zmick wrote:
> should i start with a base squeak 3.10 image?

I use 3.10

Have you tried the one-click image that was published recently? That
would be your quickest option.

Keith

Re: [pier] Ideal pier setup

David Zmick
Yes, i like the one click image, but, i want something good for a final deployment without having to get rid of too much.  I guess the one click image doesn't have as much garbage as like a squeak-dev image though.  i will look into it! :)

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:
David Zmick wrote:
> should i start with a base squeak 3.10 image?

I use 3.10

Have you tried the one-click image that was published recently? That
would be your quickest option.

Keith

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: [pier] Ideal pier setup

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

The Pier one click 1.0.17 is basically ready for deployment (for
example, there are no other Seaside applications). All you should need
to do is to put the Seaside application in deployment mode:
http://www.piercms.com/download

Cheers,
Doru

On Oct 2, 2008, at 4:38 AM, David Zmick wrote:

> Yes, i like the one click image, but, i want something good for a
> final deployment without having to get rid of too much.  I guess the
> one click image doesn't have as much garbage as like a squeak-dev
> image though.  i will look into it! :)
>
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Keith Hodges
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> David Zmick wrote:
> > should i start with a base squeak 3.10 image?
> >
> I use 3.10
>
> Have you tried the one-click image that was published recently? That
> would be your quickest option.
>
> Keith

> David Zmick
> /dz0004455\
> http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
> http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: [pier] Ideal pier setup

David Zmick
ok, i will use the one click image then!
thanks guys!