[pier] MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info

[pier] MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info

David Zmick
MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info
How did I do that? and does anyone now a fix?

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\

Re: [pier] MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info

keith1y
David Zmick wrote:
> MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info
> How did I do that? and does anyone now a fix?
>
> --
> David Zmick
Looks like the CurrentLog value is pointing to the
wrong instance...

SimpleLog stop. "to reset"
SimpleLog startFile. "or whatever you do to pick a logger output".

regards

Keith

Re: [pier] MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info

David Zmick
The simple log class seems to have a problem registering with smalltalk.  When ever I try to start, and stop it, it gives an error: "SimpleLog is not loaded"

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:
David Zmick wrote:
> MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info
> How did I do that? and does anyone now a fix?
>
> --
> David Zmick
Looks like the CurrentLog value is pointing to the
wrong instance...

SimpleLog stop. "to reset"
SimpleLog startFile. "or whatever you do to pick a logger output".

regards

Keith

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: [pier] MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info

David Zmick
The Global Smalltalk dictionary needs to hace an object called "SLLog" in it, but it doesn't.  How do I get SimpleLog to install itself in Smalltalk

David Zmick wrote:
> MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info
> How did I do that? and does anyone now a fix?
>
> --
> David Zmick
Looks like the CurrentLog value is pointing to the
wrong instance...

SimpleLog stop. "to reset"
SimpleLog startFile. "or whatever you do to pick a logger output".

regards

Keith

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: [pier] MessageNotUnderstood: SimpleLog class>>info

keith1y
Ah yes, Logging is only a front end, it installs with a default Null
logger backend, if you actually want to use the SimpleLog as the backend
you need to load it. I think it is in universes and/or squeakmap.

Keith