pier admin - adding to existing pier site

pier admin - adding to existing pier site

sergio_101-2
hi all..

i was wondering if it was possible to install pier admin on an
existing pier site..

i installed pier admin into my current image, and initially tried just
changing my kernel to 'pier'.. the name of my pier kernel...

it doesn't look like it's that simple..

any ideas?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: pier admin - adding to existing pier site

Nick
Hi Sergio,

i was wondering if it was possible to install pier admin on an
existing pier site..

It should work but I haven't tested it on an extensive range of pre-existing Pier kernels.
Questions:
1) When you load pier-admin into your existing Pier installation does you Pier site continue to work correctly, that is the site without the pier-admin wrapper?
2) If the answer to 1) is yes then it should just be a matter of editing /config for pier-admin and defining the kernel, admin user and password.
3) If the answer to 1) is no, then one way to proceed would be to export your existing kernel. Install a fresh version of Pier, pier-admin etc and import your old kernel.

Hope this helps, and let us know how you get along

Nick

Re: pier admin - adding to existing pier site

sergio_101-2
sorry for the late delay.. i did something really stupid.. i forgot
the password to my original pier instance! lame, i know.. i had to do
a little digging.. but i figured out how to change it..

anyway..

i got it changed, i changed my kernel to the original kernel, and
everything seems to be working just fine..

will make more changes to my kernel, and see what happens..

thanks for the heads up!

----