pier urls - removing /pier

sergio_101-2
for some reason, i am still having problems with doing something as
simple as deploying a new image..

i have set up the following:

in http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com:8081/config/pier

i added this:

resources: http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/resources/
server hostname: www.toaplacebehindthesun.com
server path: /

in http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/system/management

i added this:
Base URL: http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com

all of the links seem to work okay...

EXCEPT

i can't edit anything..

when i go to edit anything, i am taken here:

/pier/about/?_k=NG8sBw9XAlEGBxZQ&command=PREditCommand&_n&8 was not
found on this server..

i have two other pier sites that run perfectly.. and i used them as a
guide for this one, but i just can't get that last piece working..

also, if i try to expand the following menus:

-Welcome to Pier!
+Blog
+About Pier
+System

even when i hover over them, i get something like:

http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/?_k=oNZufgluVsr03wYY&view=PRNotFoundView

when i click, i get this:

The requested object /pier/?_k=oNZufgluVsr03wYY&view=PRNotFoundView
was not found on this server.

hopefully i have given you enough info to make heads or tails of this..

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: pier urls - removing /pier

Lukas Renggli
How does you Apache config look like?

Lukas

On 22 January 2012 19:47, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> for some reason, i am still having problems with doing something as
> simple as deploying a new image..
>
> i have set up the following:
>
> in http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com:8081/config/pier
>
> i added this:
>
> resources: http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/resources/
> server hostname: www.toaplacebehindthesun.com
> server path: /
>
> in http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/system/management
>
> i added this:
> Base URL: http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com
>
> all of the links seem to work okay...
>
> EXCEPT
>
> i can't edit anything..
>
> when i go to edit anything, i am taken here:
>
> /pier/about/?_k=NG8sBw9XAlEGBxZQ&command=PREditCommand&_n&8 was not
> found on this server..
>
> i have two other pier sites that run perfectly.. and i used them as a
> guide for this one, but i just can't get that last piece working..
>
> also, if i try to expand the following menus:
>
> -Welcome to Pier!
> +Blog
> +About Pier
> +System
>
> even when i hover over them, i get something like:
>
> http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/?_k=oNZufgluVsr03wYY&view=PRNotFoundView
>
> when i click, i get this:
>
> The requested object /pier/?_k=oNZufgluVsr03wYY&view=PRNotFoundView
> was not found on this server.
>
> hopefully i have given you enough info to make heads or tails of this..
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.CodingForHire.com
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: pier urls - removing /pier

sergio_101-2
i copied this from the rest of my sites, too..

<VirtualHost *:80>

# set server name
ProxyPreserveHost On
ServerName toaplacebehindthesun.com
ServerAlias www.toaplacebehindthesun.com

ErrorLog     /home/behindthesun/logs/error_log
CustomLog    /home/behindthesun/logs/access_log combined

# connfigure static file serving
DocumentRoot /home/behindthesun/imageBehindTheSun/files
<Directory /home/behdingthesund/imageBehindTheSun/files>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Directory>

# rewrite incoming requests
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/files/(.*)$ http://localhost:8081/files/$1 [proxy,last]
RewriteCond /home/behindthesun/imageBehindTheSun/files/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8081/pier/$1 [proxy,last]

</VirtualHost>

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: pier urls - removing /pier

Lukas Renggli
I can't spot a problem in this configuration, looks like from the hand-book :-)

What you might want to check is if you have some old cookies, that
might interfere from an previous configuration.

Also you might want to check if the <form> that seaside generates is
correct, especially the POST URL. Seems to be kind of strange that
only the POSTS break.

Lukas

On 22 January 2012 21:55, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> i can't edit anything..
>>>
>>> when i go to edit anything, i am taken here:
>>>
>>> /pier/about/?_k=NG8sBw9XAlEGBxZQ&command=PREditCommand&_n&8 was not
>>> found on this server..
>>>
>>> i have two other pier sites that run perfectly.. and i used them as a
>>> guide for this one, but i just can't get that last piece working..
>>>
>>> also, if i try to expand the following menus:
>>>
>>> -Welcome to Pier!
>>> +Blog
>>> +About Pier
>>> +System
>>>
>>> even when i hover over them, i get something like:
>>>
>>> http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/?_k=oNZufgluVsr03wYY&view=PRNotFoundView
>>>
>>> when i click, i get this:
>>>
>>> The requested object /pier/?_k=oNZufgluVsr03wYY&view=PRNotFoundView
>>> was not found on this server.
>>>
>>> hopefully i have given you enough info to make heads or tails of this..

hey, lukas..

i deleted all of my cookies, and am still having the same problem..

here is the form tag for a comment form:

<form accept-charset="utf-8" method="post"
action="http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/blog/hello/?_k=7vT4c2G8ClASrAr7"
class="magritte">

looks okay to me...

here is something weird..

if you look here:

http://www.toaplacebehindthesun.com/blog/hello/

and click the link for January 2012 (2)

the link errors out..

hmmm..

oh!

and by the way..

i have a dad alone evening at my house tonight.. i plan on finally
watching your seaside video from here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQTGiaqD2s8

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: pier urls - removing /pier

sergio_101-2
i also checked, and i can't leave a comment either.. hmmm...