piercms site doesn't show _s and _k vars?

piercms site doesn't show _s and _k vars?

sergio_101-2
i just noticed that the piercms site doesn't include the _s and _k
vars when you navigate around the site.

am i totally missing something on my sites? i noticed that all the
other sites out there behave like mine.. but it would be great if mine
would have cleaner url's. this would allow me to use url shorteners at
will, without having to remember to cut them down..

i also wonder if i am somehow missing out on some juice because as
people trade links to my site, they _s and _k force the url shortening
services to treat them as two different links. so while on bit.ly, for
instance, ten people could be sharing the same link to your site, it
would look like ten different people are sharing ten different links
and skewing the stats.

any ideas?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: piercms site doesn't show _s and _k vars?

NorbertHartl

On 08.02.2011, at 07:46, sergio_101 wrote:

> i just noticed that the piercms site doesn't include the _s and _k
> vars when you navigate around the site.
>
> am i totally missing something on my sites? i noticed that all the
> other sites out there behave like mine.. but it would be great if mine
> would have cleaner url's. this would allow me to use url shorteners at
> will, without having to remember to cut them down..

If you enable cookies then pier tries to eliminate the need for both parameters.

Norbert

.

> If you enable cookies then pier tries to eliminate the need for both parameters.

you mean in the browser? or is there a place to do it in the pier image..

--
----

On 08.02.2011, at 18:17, sergio_101 wrote:

> .
>>>
>> If you enable cookies then pier tries to eliminate the need for both parameters.
>>

> you mean in the browser? or is there a place to do it in the pier image..

You have to enable it in the pier image. If your url is http://localhost:8080/ you are using then try to
invoke http://localhost:8080/config . There should an entry called 'pier'. Click on that and search
on the following page for "Use Cookies". Enable this, press "apply" and your should be ready.
If you have the toolbar enabled (bar at the bottom saying "New Session..." then press "New
Session". If not, erase all of the parameters in the url.

Hope this helps,

Norbert

Re: piercms site doesn't show _s and _k vars?

sergio_101-2
> You have to enable it in the pier image. If your url is http://localhost:8080/ you are using then try to
> invoke http://localhost:8080/config . There should an entry called 'pier'. Click on that and search
> on the following page for "Use Cookies". Enable this, press "apply" and your should be ready.
> If you have the toolbar enabled (bar at the bottom saying "New Session..." then press "New
> Session". If not, erase all of the parameters in the url.

thanks norbert! that TOTALLY did it!

are there any side effects of this?

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: piercms site doesn't show _s and _k vars?

Ramon Leon-5
On 02/08/2011 12:04 PM, sergio_101 wrote:
> are there any side effects of this?

Anytime you put the session key in a cookie, for any web framework in
any language, you've now forced all tabs in the browser to share the
same session; depending on how much and for what the program uses
session information, this may or may not be problematic.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: piercms site doesn't show _s and _k vars?

sergio_101-2
> Anytime you put the session key in a cookie, for any web framework in any
> language, you've now forced all tabs in the browser to share the same
> session; depending on how much and for what the program uses session
> information, this may or may not be problematic.

ah.. that makes sense..

in the case of a cms, i don't think it's a big deal.. especially with
our site.. it's a content only affair..

thanks!

--
----