pillar internal link

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

how does one add an internal link?
I have chapter 'Framework' (and file 'Framework/Framework.pillar') and 'Palette' (and file 'Palette/Palette.pillar')

Can I in Framework.pillar write something like *Palette/Palette* to create a link?
Currently it fails at

*** Warning: PRReferenceNotFound: Can't find anchor named 'Palette/Palette'

Thanks,
Peter

Re: pillar internal link

CyrilFerlicot
Hi !
Inter-File link are on the TODO list of pillar. Currently you can't.
I'm working on Pillar now, if i add inter-file link i'll say it to you !

Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Cyril Ferlicot

Re: pillar internal link

Dmitri Zagidulin
Thanks, Cyril!

We bumped into the internal link (with label) limitation, too, in Updated Pharo by Example (https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/UpdatedPharoByExample/issues/10#issuecomment-89044176 ).

So, +1 interest to that feature, here :)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi !
Inter-File link are on the TODO list of pillar. Currently you can't.
I'm working on Pillar now, if i add inter-file link i'll say it to you !

On 7 April 2015 at 16:45, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

how does one add an internal link?
I have chapter 'Framework' (and file 'Framework/Framework.pillar') and 'Palette' (and file 'Palette/Palette.pillar')

Can I in Framework.pillar write something like *Palette/Palette* to create a link?
Currently it fails at

*** Warning: PRReferenceNotFound: Can't find anchor named 'Palette/Palette'

Thanks,
Peter

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: pillar internal link

CyrilFerlicot
Hi.
With Damien we're working on the creation of Annotation and Transformers.

Now you can use this Annotation's tag :
${inputFile:myFile.pillar}$
on your file to include your myFile.pillar.

That still can change a bit, i'm working on it and i still need to do the tests.

On 7 April 2015 at 18:40, Dmitri Zagidulin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: pillar internal link

Dmitri Zagidulin
Ahh, that's very cool!

Though this is way off-topic from internal links (but I'm not sure where to bring this up, if there's a pillar repo somewhere) -- is there any way you can implement multi-line annotations? (and multi-line list items, for that matter). Using either an open/close syntax, or Markdown style (where if the next line begins with 4 spaces, it's counted as a continuation of the previous line.

I bump into this a lot, with the PBE book. Working on a large text file using GitHub for version control kind of neccesitates hard line breaks at 80 chars. (Otherwise it's very awkward to see diffs, since long lines require scrolling horizontally).

Regular Pillar paragraphs can be hard-wrapped at 80 chars no problem. But annotation lines or list item lines cannot. So one is stuck either avoiding them altogether (and emulating them using bold / italic / etc), or having to deal with the difficulty with diffs.

So, any chance to make them multi-line capable?

Thanks again!

On 7 April 2015 at 16:45, Peter Uhnák <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;i.uhnak@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">i.uhnak@...> wrote:
Hi,

how does one add an internal link?
I have chapter 'Framework' (and file 'Framework/Framework.pillar') and 'Palette' (and file 'Palette/Palette.pillar')

Can I in Framework.pillar write something like *Palette/Palette* to create a link?
Currently it fails at

*** Warning: PRReferenceNotFound: Can't find anchor named 'Palette/Palette'

Thanks,
Peter

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: pillar internal link

Damien Cassou

Dmitri Zagidulin <[hidden email]> writes:

> Ahh, that's very cool!
>
> Though this is way off-topic from internal links (but I'm not sure where to
> bring this up, if there's a pillar repo somewhere) -- is there any way you
> can implement multi-line annotations? (and multi-line list items, for that
> matter). Using either an open/close syntax, or Markdown style (where if the
> next line begins with 4 spaces, it's counted as a continuation of the
> previous line.
>
> I bump into this a lot, with the PBE book. Working on a large text file
> using GitHub for version control kind of neccesitates hard line breaks at
> 80 chars. (Otherwise it's very awkward to see diffs, since long lines
> require scrolling horizontally).
>
> Regular Pillar paragraphs can be hard-wrapped at 80 chars no problem. But
> annotation lines or list item lines cannot. So one is stuck either avoiding
> them altogether (and emulating them using bold / italic / etc), or having
> to deal with the difficulty with diffs.
>
> So, any chance to make them multi-line capable?

that's a feature I would also like to see. Would you please add this to
the list of feature requests?
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar. I've just added
DmitriZagidulin to the Pier members. The next step would be for you to
add the corresponding automated tests.

Best

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: pillar internal link

Dmitri Zagidulin
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So, any chance to make them multi-line capable?

that's a feature I would also like to see. Would you please add this to
the list of feature requests?
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier/Pillar. I've just added
DmitriZagidulin to the Pier members. The next step would be for you to
add the corresponding automated tests.

Oh, thanks! Appreciated.

I added that item to the TODO list on the Pillar SH repo.

How do you feel about also having a GitHub repo for the Pillar project? That way, we could open individual issues for those to-do items, and have discussions on each one, assign them to people who are working on them (instead of emailing you), etc?

Re: pillar internal link

Peter Uhnak
${inputFile:myFile.pillar}$
on your file to include your myFile.pillar.

Cool! I can stop using my Ruby-based preprocessing soon :). (Especially when the variant with the scripts will be added.)

How do you feel about also having a GitHub repo for the Pillar project? That way, we could open individual issues for those to-do items, and have discussions on each one, assign them to people who are working on them (instead of emailing you), etc?
As a Pillar user (=not developer) the idea that I would have to go check some issue tracker somewhere isn't very appealing. To me it seems fine to discuss implementation details there, but since majority of people are Pillar users, notifying them or having broader discussion on the issues seems much more fitting for a mailing list.

Peter

Re: pillar internal link

Damien Cassou

Dmitri Zagidulin <[hidden email]> writes:
> How do you feel about also having a GitHub repo for the Pillar project?
> That way, we could open individual issues for those to-do items, and have
> discussions on each one, assign them to people who are working on them
> (instead of emailing you), etc?

I appreciate GitHub's issue tracker. However, I'm not ready to move
development to Git right now. And having only issues on github feels
strange. Moreover, I think having the list of projects on pillar's
website is clearer. Something you could do however is to add links for
each project in the todo: these links go target mailing list discussions
(or a github tracker or both if we go that way).

On Friday, April 10, 2015, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
 website is clearer. Something you could do however is to add links for
each project in the todo: these links go target mailing list discussions
(or a github tracker or both if we go that

Sure! Happy to add links.
Just to double-check, though - do you mean link em to existing discussions, or start a discussion for each item, as it's being worked on?

Re: pillar internal link

Damien Cassou

Dmitri Zagidulin <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Friday, April 10, 2015, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  website is clearer. Something you could do however is to add links for
>> each project in the todo: these links go target mailing list discussions
>> (or a github tracker or both if we go that
>>
> Sure! Happy to add links.
> Just to double-check, though - do you mean link em to existing discussions,
> or start a discussion for each item, as it's being worked on?

if there are existing discussions, please link to them. You can add
multiple links if there are multiple discussions.