plan for 1.1

Torsten Bergmann
Stef wrote:
> does this plan look ok for you?

Yes

Alexandre wrote:
>Ok for me. But we need a Beta that is regularly built for this.

+1 especially since it is currently broken
(see http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2010-May/027376.html)

Stef wrote
>I found the traits bug :)

OK, can we expect a fix in the next update (11373?).

Using ConfigurationOfPharo anyone is able to rebuild an own
beta to test and from time to time mariano can upload a full
beta image.

Bye
T.

Re: plan for 1.1

Mariano Martinez Peck

Alexandre wrote:
>Ok for me. But we need a Beta that is regularly built for this.

+1 especially since it is currently broken
(see http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2010-May/027376.html)

It is not broken. As you see in the name of the image: Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1
AND in the name of the metacello version: '1.1-beta1.10517'.

So...if you take a Core 11367 and load the metacellol version, it will work perfect. That's not broken.

How can you assure that for any core version the same metacello version can work on it?  That's impossible.

Stef wrote
>I found the traits bug :)

OK, can we expect a fix in the next update (11373?).

I don't know. If someone proposes a fix, then yes. Probaly next week I can create a Pharo beta2 if you want.

Using ConfigurationOfPharo anyone is able to rebuild an own
beta to test and from time to time mariano can upload a full
beta image.

Yes, but it is not a matter of the ConfigurationOfPharo. I can update it, but if noone fixes Nile...

Cheers

Mariano

Bye
T.

Re: plan for 1.1

On May 26, 2010, at 3:10 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Stef wrote:
>> does this plan look ok for you?
>
> Yes
>
> Alexandre wrote:
>> Ok for me. But we need a Beta that is regularly built for this.
>
> +1 especially since it is currently broken
> (see http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2010-May/027376.html)
>
> Stef wrote
>> I found the traits bug :)
>
> OK, can we expect a fix in the next update (11373?).

yes of course I was exhausted and had to sleep.

> Using ConfigurationOfPharo anyone is able to rebuild an own
> beta to test and from time to time mariano can upload a full
> beta image.
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: plan for 1.1

Stéphane Ducasse
Torsten

can you give a try to see if it fixes your problems with the latest cs?
Apparently Torch is ok now.

Stef

On May 26, 2010, at 4:05 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

>> Stef wrote
>>> I found the traits bug :)
>>
>> OK, can we expect a fix in the next update (11373?).
>
> yes of course I was exhausted and had to sleep.

Re: plan for 1.1

Stéphane Ducasse
I lost again a couple of hours because the bug only appears with glamour so I will rollback the createClass of MCClassDefinition
for now.

Stef