Open this post in threaded view
|

planet updates, help needed

Simon Michael

Begin forwarded message:
Date: June 15, 2011 3:22:50 PM PDT
Subject: planet updates, help needed

Hi all!

I just did a minor cleanup of planet.squeak.org (our community's blog aggregator(s)) and have a few items of business:

I added a description to make clear that Pharo, Cuis, and all other Squeak descendants I'm forgetting are very much on-topic for planet squeak. Pharo may have its own planet by now, but I didn't find one, so please send good Pharo-related feeds if appropriate.

I noticed Planet Squeak (and siblings) is not linked from squeak.org. Can someone add it, or may I have a(nother) editor login to add it myself ? Speaking non-egotistically (honest), I would put it as the top link in the Links box as it's the first place a casual visitor would want to look for signs of life. Likewise, perhaps the Pharoes would like to link it under External sites ?

I have removed the sole feed (Serge Stinckwich) from planetfr.squeak.org as it's now just a link stream. I guess I'll be removing the french planet, unless I receive some french-language squeakish blog feeds.

Likewise the japanese planet is being kept alive only by Yoshiki, but he is doing a fine job so it is safe. I know there is probably a world of japanese-language squeak blogs of which I know nothing - please send feeds if you want them to appear at planetjp.squeak.org.

Croquet & offspring have had their own planet for some time: planetcroquet.squeak.org, since the communities and interests seemed distinct. It's fairly low traffic and has much more impressive screenshots than the main planet. Does anyone think it should be merged back into the main planet ?

Best - Simon

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: planet updates, help needed

laurent laffont
Simon,

Laurent.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Simon Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

Begin forwarded message:
Date: June 15, 2011 3:22:50 PM PDT
Subject: planet updates, help needed

Hi all!

I just did a minor cleanup of planet.squeak.org (our community's blog aggregator(s)) and have a few items of business:

I added a description to make clear that Pharo, Cuis, and all other Squeak descendants I'm forgetting are very much on-topic for planet squeak. Pharo may have its own planet by now, but I didn't find one, so please send good Pharo-related feeds if appropriate.

I noticed Planet Squeak (and siblings) is not linked from squeak.org. Can someone add it, or may I have a(nother) editor login to add it myself ? Speaking non-egotistically (honest), I would put it as the top link in the Links box as it's the first place a casual visitor would want to look for signs of life. Likewise, perhaps the Pharoes would like to link it under External sites ?

I have removed the sole feed (Serge Stinckwich) from planetfr.squeak.org as it's now just a link stream. I guess I'll be removing the french planet, unless I receive some french-language squeakish blog feeds.

Likewise the japanese planet is being kept alive only by Yoshiki, but he is doing a fine job so it is safe. I know there is probably a world of japanese-language squeak blogs of which I know nothing - please send feeds if you want them to appear at planetjp.squeak.org.

Croquet & offspring have had their own planet for some time: planetcroquet.squeak.org, since the communities and interests seemed distinct. It's fairly low traffic and has much more impressive screenshots than the main planet. Does anyone think it should be merged back into the main planet ?

Best - Simon

Reply | Threaded
|

Geert Claes
Administrator
In reply to this post by Simon Michael
As a side point, when setting up world.st I have been looking at options to better integrate the planet.smalltalk.org stream but so far I have not been able to find a way that makes it look smooth, the venus powered planet's styling is just too different.   I even experimented using a Google Reader Bundle with planet.world.st but I still don't like the way that looks either.
Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
In reply to this post by Simon Michael
Hi simon

May be it could make sense to have a Pharo link and news... But this is up to you.
May be you are not aware of our activity - some people told us that they cannot follow our pace.
At least Pharo-cast.

Squeak-fr does not really exist anymore, it was rename smalltalk-fr.

Stef

On Jun 16, 2011, at 12:25 AM, Simon Michael wrote:

>
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>> From: Simon Michael <[hidden email]>
>> Date: June 15, 2011 3:22:50 PM PDT
>> To: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>> Subject: planet updates, help needed
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I just did a minor cleanup of planet.squeak.org (our community's blog aggregator(s)) and have a few items of business:
>>
>> I added a description to make clear that Pharo, Cuis, and all other Squeak descendants I'm forgetting are very much on-topic for planet squeak. Pharo may have its own planet by now, but I didn't find one, so please send good Pharo-related feeds if appropriate.
>>
>> I noticed Planet Squeak (and siblings) is not linked from squeak.org. Can someone add it, or may I have a(nother) editor login to add it myself ? Speaking non-egotistically (honest), I would put it as the top link in the Links box as it's the first place a casual visitor would want to look for signs of life. Likewise, perhaps the Pharoes would like to link it under External sites ?
>>
>> I have removed the sole feed (Serge Stinckwich) from planetfr.squeak.org as it's now just a link stream. I guess I'll be removing the french planet, unless I receive some french-language squeakish blog feeds.

>>
>> Likewise the japanese planet is being kept alive only by Yoshiki, but he is doing a fine job so it is safe. I know there is probably a world of japanese-language squeak blogs of which I know nothing - please send feeds if you want them to appear at planetjp.squeak.org.
>>
>> Croquet & offspring have had their own planet for some time: planetcroquet.squeak.org, since the communities and interests seemed distinct. It's fairly low traffic and has much more impressive screenshots than the main planet. Does anyone think it should be merged back into the main planet ?
>>
>> Best - Simon
>