plans

Tudor Girba
Hi,

It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in 12 days.

Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)

Moose 4.4
- main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
- release date: May 1
- based on Pharo 1.2.1
- to contain:
--- EyeSee
--- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
--- Metanool
- ideally, it should also contain:
--- a working version of VerveineJ

Moose 5
- main goal: the move to the web
- release date: August 30
- to contain:
--- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
--- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
--- Dashboard in Glamour
--- Wizard in Glamour
--- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
- ideally it should also contain:
--- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
--- Glamorous Toolkit
--- Kumpel
--- GitFS?
- others?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: plans

abergel
Looks good!

I hope to find the time to work on the issue marked as 4.4
ComplexShapes are apparently okay. I will clean them a bit, it contains dead code.

Alexandre

On 19 Apr 2011, at 17:27, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in 12 days.
>
> Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)
>

> Moose 4.4
> - main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
> - release date: May 1
> - based on Pharo 1.2.1
> - to contain:
> --- EyeSee
> --- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
> --- Metanool
> - ideally, it should also contain:
> --- a working version of VerveineJ
>

> Moose 5
> - main goal: the move to the web
> - release date: August 30
> - to contain:
> --- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
> --- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
> --- Dashboard in Glamour
> --- Wizard in Glamour
> --- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
> - ideally it should also contain:
> --- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
> --- Glamorous Toolkit
> --- Kumpel
> --- GitFS?
> - others?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: plans

tinchodias
What are the plans for the FL binary format for export/import?

I have a pending issue on it... it does not show the progress in the bar (right now the bar jumps from 0% to 100%).

Martin

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Martin,

On 20 Apr 2011, at 03:39, Martin Dias wrote:

> What are the plans for the FL binary format for export/import?

The plan is to integrate it. I forgot to add it to the list :).

> I have a pending issue on it... it does not show the progress in the bar (right now the bar jumps from 0% to 100%).

Great. I created an issue for this. Notice that it is marked for 4.4 :) :
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=593

Cheers,
Doru

> Martin
>

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in 12 days.
>
> Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)
>

> Moose 4.4
> - main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
> - release date: May 1
> - based on Pharo 1.2.1
> - to contain:
> --- EyeSee
> --- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
> --- Metanool
> - ideally, it should also contain:
> --- a working version of VerveineJ
>

> Moose 5
> - main goal: the move to the web
> - release date: August 30
> - to contain:
> --- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
> --- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
> --- Dashboard in Glamour
> --- Wizard in Glamour
> --- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
> - ideally it should also contain:
> --- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
> --- Glamorous Toolkit
> --- Kumpel
> --- GitFS?
> - others?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: plans

Nicolas Anquetil

> It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the
> roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in
> 12 days.
>
> Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)
>

> Moose 4.4
> - main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
> - release date: May 1
> - based on Pharo 1.2.1
> - to contain:
> --- EyeSee
> --- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
> --- Metanool
> - ideally, it should also contain:
> --- a working version of VerveineJ

Ideally ...
However, I will be out for the next 10 days or so ...
VerveineJ is working, AFAIK, it misses:
- dealing with access to enums values
- dealing with Java initialization blocks (kind of nameless, parameterless, constructor)
- creating a shadow package for each namespace

So not much really.
But if one doesn't need that, one should be able to use it

nicolas

> Moose 5
> - main goal: the move to the web
> - release date: August 30
> - to contain:
> --- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
> --- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
> --- Dashboard in Glamour
> --- Wizard in Glamour
> --- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
> - ideally it should also contain:
> --- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
> --- Glamorous Toolkit
> --- Kumpel

For example integrating it in the metamodel. For now, the types are created, by they have no property/relation

> --- GitFS?
> - others?

Re: plans

Tudor Girba
Hi Nicolas,

On 20 Apr 2011, at 14:31, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

>> It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the
>> roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in
>> 12 days.
>>
>> Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)
>>

>> Moose 4.4
>> - main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
>> - release date: May 1
>> - based on Pharo 1.2.1
>> - to contain:
>> --- EyeSee
>> --- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
>> --- Metanool
>> - ideally, it should also contain:
>> --- a working version of VerveineJ
>
> Ideally ...
> However, I will be out for the next 10 days or so ...
> VerveineJ is working, AFAIK, it misses:
> - dealing with access to enums values
> - dealing with Java initialization blocks (kind of nameless, parameterless, constructor)
> - creating a shadow package for each namespace
>
> So not much really.
> But if one doesn't need that, one should be able to use it

Unfortunately, it does not quite work. I took the latest VerveineJ, and tried to parse ArgoUML 0.28.1 and I got an error.

This is what I did:

1. Download the sources from:
http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip

2. Execute:
./verveinej.sh -Xmx1500m  -- /PATH_TO_ArgoUML-0-28-1/

3. I got the following error:

JavaDictionary.checkAndMapClass() found a FamixType that should be a FamixClass: SuppressWarnings
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.Attribute cannot be cast to fr.inria.verveine.core.gen.famix.EnumValue
        at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.JavaDictionary.ensureFamixEnumValue(Unknown Source)
        at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineVisitor.visit(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.EnumDeclaration.accept0(EnumDeclaration.java:273)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2480)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2551)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeDeclaration.accept0(TypeDeclaration.java:484)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2480)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2551)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnit.accept0(CompilationUnit.java:219)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2480)
        at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.FamixRequestor.acceptAST(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:1016)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve(CompilationUnitResolver.java:628)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTParser.createASTs(ASTParser.java:982)
        at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at fr.inria.verveine.extractor.java.VerveineJParser.main(Unknown Source)

Cheers,
Doru

> nicolas
>
>> Moose 5
>> - main goal: the move to the web
>> - release date: August 30
>> - to contain:
>> --- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
>> --- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
>> --- Dashboard in Glamour
>> --- Wizard in Glamour
>> --- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
>> - ideally it should also contain:
>> --- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
>> --- Glamorous Toolkit
>> --- Kumpel
>
> For example integrating it in the metamodel. For now, the types are created, by they have no property/relation
>
>> --- GitFS?
>> - others?

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: plans

Nicolas Anquetil
ahhhh
this is nothing
it's just a little bug :-)

OK, I will look at it.
It does need some serious testing with real cases like that.

We are doing some from time to time (eclipse, JHotDraw, JEdit) but one can always find some new bugs...

On 20 Apr 2011, at 14:52, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> ahhhh
> this is nothing
> it's just a little bug :-)

:)

> OK, I will look at it.

Thanks.

> It does need some serious testing with real cases like that.
>
> We are doing some from time to time (eclipse, JHotDraw, JEdit) but one can always find some new bugs...

After you fix this, I will test it some more in the following days.

Cheers,
Doru

> nicolas

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: plans

abergel
> We are doing some from time to time (eclipse, JHotDraw, JEdit) but one can always find some new bugs...

Try with the source code of the JDK. It contains some element that follow the non standard syntax (e.g., putting a ";" after the definition of a class). Using code with ñ, é, è, ö is also a good test.

Cheers,
Alexandre

> nicolas

simondenier

On 20 avr. 2011, at 14:31, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

>> It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the
>> roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in
>> 12 days.
>>
>> Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)
>>

>> Moose 4.4
>> - main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
>> - release date: May 1
>> - based on Pharo 1.2.1
>> - to contain:
>> --- EyeSee
>> --- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
>> --- Metanool
>> - ideally, it should also contain:
>> --- a working version of VerveineJ
>
> Ideally ...
> However, I will be out for the next 10 days or so ...
> VerveineJ is working, AFAIK, it misses:
> - dealing with access to enums values
> - dealing with Java initialization blocks (kind of nameless, parameterless, constructor)
> - creating a shadow package for each namespace

So Annotations import work and you didn't tell me? I have to test that.

> So not much really.
> But if one doesn't need that, one should be able to use it
>
> nicolas
>
>> Moose 5
>> - main goal: the move to the web
>> - release date: August 30
>> - to contain:
>> --- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
>> --- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
>> --- Dashboard in Glamour
>> --- Wizard in Glamour
>> --- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
>> - ideally it should also contain:
>> --- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
>> --- Glamorous Toolkit
>> --- Kumpel
>
> For example integrating it in the metamodel. For now, the types are created, by they have no property/relation
>
>> --- GitFS?
>> - others?

Simon Denier

Re: plans

tinchodias

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

On 20 Apr 2011, at 03:39, Martin Dias wrote:

> What are the plans for the FL binary format for export/import?

The plan is to integrate it. I forgot to add it to the list :).

> I have a pending issue on it... it does not show the progress in the bar (right now the bar jumps from 0% to 100%).

Great. I created an issue for this. Notice that it is marked for 4.4 :) :
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=593

okay! I will work on it on these days.

Here is an issue that Jannik created for the integration:
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=547

Cheers,
Doru

Cheers!
Martin

> Martin
>

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in 12 days.
>
> Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)
>

> Moose 4.4
> - main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
> - release date: May 1
> - based on Pharo 1.2.1
> - to contain:
> --- EyeSee
> --- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
> --- Metanool
> - ideally, it should also contain:
> --- a working version of VerveineJ
>

> Moose 5
> - main goal: the move to the web
> - release date: August 30
> - to contain:
> --- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
> --- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
> --- Dashboard in Glamour
> --- Wizard in Glamour
> --- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
> - ideally it should also contain:
> --- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
> --- Glamorous Toolkit
> --- Kumpel
> --- GitFS?
> - others?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: plans

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Fuel is now included in Moose:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/312/

I would like to have only a Tests group in the configuration for hudson to know what tests to run. I tried to change it, but the repository is global read and I have no rights.

Cheers,
Doru

On 20 Apr 2011, at 21:31, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>

> On 20 Apr 2011, at 03:39, Martin Dias wrote:
>
> > What are the plans for the FL binary format for export/import?
>
> The plan is to integrate it. I forgot to add it to the list :).
>
> > I have a pending issue on it... it does not show the progress in the bar (right now the bar jumps from 0% to 100%).
>

> Great. I created an issue for this. Notice that it is marked for 4.4 :) :
> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=593
>
> okay! I will work on it on these days.
>
> Here is an issue that Jannik created for the integration:
> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=547
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> Cheers!
> Martin
>

> > Martin
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in 12 days.
> >
> > Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)
> >

> > Moose 4.4
> > - main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
> > - release date: May 1
> > - based on Pharo 1.2.1
> > - to contain:
> > --- EyeSee
> > --- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
> > --- Metanool
> > - ideally, it should also contain:
> > --- a working version of VerveineJ
> >

> > Moose 5
> > - main goal: the move to the web
> > - release date: August 30
> > - to contain:
> > --- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
> > --- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
> > --- Dashboard in Glamour
> > --- Wizard in Glamour
> > --- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
> > - ideally it should also contain:
> > --- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
> > --- Glamorous Toolkit
> > --- Kumpel
> > --- GitFS?
> > - others?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Presenting is storytelling."

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: plans

abergel
Why do you need this?
It is easy to determine which tests are installed after loading the configuration.
Just wondering.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Fuel is now included in Moose:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/312/

I would like to have only a Tests group in the configuration for hudson to know what tests to run. I tried to change it, but the repository is global read and I have no rights.

I added you as a developer, and I created a new version with the 'Tests' group:

Name: ConfigurationOfFuelMooseExtension-MartinDias.7
Author: MartinDias
Time: 20 April 2011, 8:26:56 pm
UUID: 7257a93b-6069-f44d-b3de-5bd798c67fc0

Is it okay that 'default' group loads the tests?

Cheers,
Doru

On 20 Apr 2011, at 21:31, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>

> On 20 Apr 2011, at 03:39, Martin Dias wrote:
>
> > What are the plans for the FL binary format for export/import?
>
> The plan is to integrate it. I forgot to add it to the list :).
>
> > I have a pending issue on it... it does not show the progress in the bar (right now the bar jumps from 0% to 100%).
>

> Great. I created an issue for this. Notice that it is marked for 4.4 :) :
> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=593
>
> okay! I will work on it on these days.
>
> Here is an issue that Jannik created for the integration:
> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=547
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> Cheers!
> Martin
>

> > Martin
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It is time to synchronize on what are the plans for Moose. Here is the roadmap for the next months. The first target is the release of 4.4 in 12 days.
> >
> > Suggestions, opinions, and participations are always welcome :)
> >

> > Moose 4.4
> > - main goal: strengthen the generic engines lineup
> > - release date: May 1
> > - based on Pharo 1.2.1
> > - to contain:
> > --- EyeSee
> > --- Mondrian with ComplexShapes
> > --- Metanool
> > - ideally, it should also contain:
> > --- a working version of VerveineJ
> >

> > Moose 5
> > - main goal: the move to the web
> > - release date: August 30
> > - to contain:
> > --- EyeSee and Mondrian bindings to SVG/JavaScript (probably protovis)
> > --- Glamour with improved Seaside rendering
> > --- Dashboard in Glamour
> > --- Wizard in Glamour
> > --- improved IDE for building/coding Arki reports
> > - ideally it should also contain:
> > --- SQL parser (Fabrizio? :))
> > --- Glamorous Toolkit
> > --- Kumpel
> > --- GitFS?
> > - others?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Presenting is storytelling."

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: plans

Tudor Girba
Because we wanted to decide which tests we want to run and which not. For example, we do not necessarily want to run the Filesystem tests.

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Apr 2011, at 00:00, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Why do you need this?
> It is easy to determine which tests are installed after loading the configuration.
> Just wondering.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 20 Apr 2011, at 16:52, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Fuel is now included in Moose:
>> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/312/
>>
>> I would like to have only a Tests group in the configuration for hudson to know what tests to run. I tried to change it, but the repository is global read and I have no rights.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>> On 20 Apr 2011, at 21:31, Martin Dias wrote:
>>

>>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Martin,

>>> The plan is to integrate it. I forgot to add it to the list :).

>>> Great. I created an issue for this. Notice that it is marked for 4.4 :) :
>>> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=593
>>>
>>> okay! I will work on it on these days.
>>>
>>> Here is an issue that Jannik created for the integration:
>>> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=547
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> Cheers!
>>> Martin

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Presenting is storytelling."

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

Re: plans

abergel
Ok

Alexandre