platform-specific code

Michael Haupt-3
Hi,

when working with VMMaker 3.8b6 in a 3.9-final image, where do I get
the appropriate platform-specific code for building the VM?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: platform-specific code

Jens Lincke
Hi,

you can use the repositories or source versions for your platform from:

http://www.squeakvm.org/index.html

- Jens Lincke -

Michael Haupt schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> when working with VMMaker 3.8b6 in a 3.9-final image, where do I get
> the appropriate platform-specific code for building the VM?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Re: Re: platform-specific code

Michael Haupt-3
Hi Jens,

thanks for your quick response.

On 12/8/06, Jens Lincke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> you can use the repositories or source versions for your platform from:
>
> http://www.squeakvm.org/index.html

I have browsed that place, but am not sure which version of the VM
code I should use. 3.7? 3.8? 3.9? Is it safe to use 3.9 with a 3.8b6
VMMaker? (Does the VMMaker version have something to do with the VM
version?)

I hope I've made my question more clear now. Sorry for being imprecise
in the first place.

Best,

Michael

Re: platform-specific code

timrowledge
I keep trying to improve the assorted information pages on the swiki
and SM as people explain their problems, so if you can tell me where
you looked and what parts failed to explain matters properly I can
try to make it better.

tim
Strange OpCodes: DC: Divide and Conquer

Re: platform-specific code

Jens Lincke

I use Ians  Squeak-3.9-8
<http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.9-8.src.tar.gz>, a 3.9
Image and VMaker 3.8b6 for developing plugins.

- Jens Lincke -

Michael Haupt schrieb:

> Hi Jens,
>
> thanks for your quick response.
>
> On 12/8/06, Jens Lincke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> you can use the repositories or source versions for your platform from:
>>
>> http://www.squeakvm.org/index.html
>
> I have browsed that place, but am not sure which version of the VM
> code I should use. 3.7? 3.8? 3.9? Is it safe to use 3.9 with a 3.8b6
> VMMaker? (Does the VMMaker version have something to do with the VM
> version?)
>
> I hope I've made my question more clear now. Sorry for being imprecise
> in the first place.
>
> Best,
>
> Michael

Re: Re: platform-specific code

Michael Haupt-3
Hi Tim,

On 12/8/06, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I keep trying to improve the assorted information pages on the swiki
> and SM as people explain their problems, so if you can tell me where
> you looked and what parts failed to explain matters properly I can
> try to make it better.

well, the confusing part was that VMMaker's most recent version is
3.8b6, but that I could not find VM sources with a corresponding
version number anywhere. I looked at http://ftp.squeak.org/, and at
http://www.squeakvm.org/ -> Unix.

Best,

Michael

Re: Re: platform-specific code

Michael Haupt-3
Hi Jens,

On 12/8/06, Jens Lincke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I use Ians  Squeak-3.9-8
> <http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.9-8.src.tar.gz>, a 3.9
> Image and VMaker 3.8b6 for developing plugins.

lovely. I will do so, too. Thanks a lot!

Best,

Michael