please Help!!!!!

pdigonzelli
I was working developing a system in dolphin. I put all my stuff in a
smagricola package. Today , when i am trying to save my work I cannot do it.
Dolphin give the following:

15:20:33, martes, 15 de junio de 2004: '''K:\smagricola\smagricola.pak'' -
El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.'
File>>signalOsError:
File>>open
File>>open:flags:share:
File>>open:mode:check:share:
File class>>open:mode:check:share:
FileStream class>>open:mode:check:text:
FileStream class>>read:text:
[] in BinaryPackage class>>loadUsing:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
[] in BinaryPackage class>>loadUsing:
LookupTable>>at:ifAbsent:
BinaryPackage class>>loadUsing:
[] in ClassLocator>>findOrImportForeignClass
WeakLookupTable(SharedLookupTable)>>at:ifAbsent:
[] in ClassLocator>>findOrImportForeignClass
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in ClassLocator>>findOrImportForeignClass
Mutex>>critical:
ClassLocator>>findOrImportForeignClass
ClassLocator>>locateClass
ClassStub>>resolveLocator
[] in ClassStub>>doesNotUnderstand:
[] in Mutex>>critical:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Mutex>>critical:
ClassStub>>doesNotUnderstand:
[] in ResourceSTBByteArrayAccessor(ResourceAccessor)>>hiddenClassReferences
[] in OrderedCollection>>select:
OrderedCollection>>do:
OrderedCollection>>select:
ResourceSTBByteArrayAccessor(ResourceAccessor)>>hiddenClassReferences
ViewResource(Resource)>>hiddenClassReferences
[] in Package>>tracePrerequisitesOfResources:
Set>>do:
Package>>tracePrerequisitesOfResources:
Package>>tracePrerequisites:
Package>>tracePrerequisites
Package>>calculatePrerequisites
Package>>buildPrerequisiteNames
Package>>prerequisiteNames
Package>>prerequisites
Package>>hasCyclicPrerequisites:
Package>>hasCyclicPrerequisites
Package>>okToSaveOrDeploy

I am very close to lost all my work. my classes are yet at the image file.
I did a file out of the classes but if i do that i lost my resources.
I need a help urgently.

TIA
Pablo

Re: please Help!!!!!

Bruno Buzzi Brasesco
Pablo,

English:

I had the same problem a couple of time. This is because your image stripper
of your package is "corrupted".
Try this:
Goto another package, select Properties and copy the image stripper, then
paste this image stripper to your original ("corrupted") image stripper.

Remeber to save the image first.

Regards Bruno

In Spanish:

Yo tuve el mismo problema, a veces el image stripper se corrompe, es decir,
que se piensa que estas usando .PAK, lo que te recomiendo yo es:

- Anda las propiedades de otro paquete, copia el image stripper.
- Anda al paquete que tenes problema y hace un paste del image stripper que
copiaste.

Acordate de salvar la imagen antes de hacer esto.

Saludos Bruno

---

Re: please Help!!!!!

pdigonzelli
I did what Bruno said but the problem persist.
Can Bruno or anyone make another suggestion?

TIA
Pablo

Bruno, hice exactamente esto pero sigo con el mismo inconveniente.
Tenes otra sugerencia que me pueda servir.
Desde ya muchas gracias.

Saludos
Pablo

"Bruno Buzzi Brasesco" <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje
news:[hidden email]...
> Pablo,
>
> English:
>
> I had the same problem a couple of time. This is because your image
stripper

> of your package is "corrupted".
> Try this:
> Goto another package, select Properties and copy the image stripper, then
> paste this image stripper to your original ("corrupted") image stripper.
>
> Remeber to save the image first.
>
> Regards Bruno
>
> In Spanish:
>
> Yo tuve el mismo problema, a veces el image stripper se corrompe, es
decir,
> que se piensa que estas usando .PAK, lo que te recomiendo yo es:
>
> - Anda las propiedades de otro paquete, copia el image stripper.
> - Anda al paquete que tenes problema y hace un paste del image stripper
que

> copiaste.
>
> Acordate de salvar la imagen antes de hacer esto.
>
> Saludos Bruno
>

> ---

Re: please Help!!!!!

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Bruno, Pablo,

> I had the same problem a couple of time. This is because your image stripper
> of your package is "corrupted".
> Try this:
> Goto another package, select Properties and copy the image stripper, then
> paste this image stripper to your original ("corrupted") image stripper.

I would be curious to know the age (STB version) of the offending
stripper.  I ran into this not too long ago with packages that have
become abstract over time - meaning that there are now dependent
packages that deploy executables, and the stipper from the abstract
package is no longer used.  They appeared to save/load perfectly well
for some time, and (I guess in 5.1.x) became unwilling to load.  Your
copy/paste solution sounds great.  IIRC, I inspected the package and
evaluated self imageStripper:nil.

> Remeber to save the image first.

Making a backup is probably what you meant.  Zip files with the image,
changes and sources files work well.

Pablo, if you do not know how to make backups, check on the Wiki, in the
archives of this group, or post again - it can save you a lot of lost
work.  Also, take a look at Ian's ChunkBrowser.

Note also that some users almost never save an image, or at least not as
the repository for their work.  They save packages very often and use
load scripts to start from a (nearly?) clean image on a regular basis.
To coin a phrase, I think they're bonkers :)  Search the archives for
the original discussion.

Humor aside, if you save images, you need to make backups just in case.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: please Help!!!!!

Ian Bartholomew-19
Pablo,

It looks  to me like something (almost certainly a view resource) is
trying to access a class that is not in your image.  I may be that you did
something like adding a new view subclass, creating a view that uses that
subclass, saving the resource and then deleting the original class?

The first step will be to backup the change log that is in your main Dolphin
image folder (something.chg).  Everything will be in there and is
recoverable, albeit with a bit of work.

One thing you might try.  In the walkback that you get find out the name of
the file that the system is trying to load.  That should give some pointers
as to what class is missing.  You could then try creating a new class with
the correct name which _might_ let you  regain control and safely sort
out what the problem is.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: please Help!!!!!

pdigonzelli
Thanks , all. I solve my problem.
It happend in order that a couple of resources have  references to reference
view of a Class presenter resource that I have been eliminated.
To solve this, I create the class again and i can save the package and then
image without problem. I replace the old references to a correct one.
The curious thing was that when  i trying to delete that class again,
dolphin warning me about potential problem with references views.
But when originaly I delete the class this warning wasnot happend.
Anyway, Thanks all for your suggestions.

Pablo

news:[hidden email]...