please delete item on squeaksource

vaidasd
Hello,
How one can delete version from squeaksource? Please delete CSV-vd.11, I saved it via MC
thank you,
Vaidotas

Re: please delete item on squeaksource

Bert Freudenberg
On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Vaidotas Didžbalis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
How one can delete version from squeaksource? Please delete CSV-vd.11, I saved it via MC

Which repository did you store it in?

Any admin on that repo should be able to delete it.

- Bert -

Re: please delete item on squeaksource

David T. Lewis
On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 04:24:26PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Vaidotas Did??balis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > How one can delete version from squeaksource? Please delete CSV-vd.11, I
> > saved it via MC
> >

> Which repository did you store it in?
>
> Any admin on that repo should be able to delete it.

Hi Vaidotas,

This is the "CSV Parser" project (http://www.squeaksource.com/CSV) that was
created by Avi Bryant in 2005. It has global read/write access, so anyone can
commit to the project.

You can use the web user interface at http://www.squeaksource.com to delete
your CSV-vd.11.mcz. In the web interface, go to the CSV Parser project, and
click the "Versions" tab or the "Latest" tab. When you find the CSV-vd.11.mcz
version, click on "details" in that line. This will open a description of your
version. Once you find this, look at the "Actions" on the left column of the
page, and click "Delete Version". This should let you remove the file.

Dave

Re: please delete item on squeaksource

Levente Uzonyi
On Wed, 3 May 2017, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 04:24:26PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Vaidotas Did??balis <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> > How one can delete version from squeaksource? Please delete CSV-vd.11, I
>> > saved it via MC
>> >

>> Which repository did you store it in?
>>
>> Any admin on that repo should be able to delete it.
>>

> Hi Vaidotas,
>
> This is the "CSV Parser" project (http://www.squeaksource.com/CSV) that was
> created by Avi Bryant in 2005. It has global read/write access, so anyone can
> commit to the project.
>
> You can use the web user interface at http://www.squeaksource.com to delete
> your CSV-vd.11.mcz. In the web interface, go to the CSV Parser project, and
> click the "Versions" tab or the "Latest" tab. When you find the CSV-vd.11.mcz
> version, click on "details" in that line. This will open a description of your
> version. Once you find this, look at the "Actions" on the left column of the
> page, and click "Delete Version". This should let you remove the file.

This only works if you uploaded the mcz with your credentials.

Levente

> Dave

Re: please delete item on squeaksource

vaidasd
Thank you all,
But it doing as instructed page says that only admins can delete versions...

On Thu, 4 May 2017, Vaidotas Didžbalis wrote:

> and yes, version has my initials (vd) and this is login name to squeaksource.

That doesn't matter. You weren't logged into squeaksource (your
credentials were not used on the repository) when you uploaded the
package, so you can't delete it.

Levente

On Thu, May 04, 2017 at 07:10:22PM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Thu, 4 May 2017, Vaidotas Did??balis wrote:
>
> >and yes, version has my initials (vd) and this is login name to
> >squeaksource.??
>
> That doesn't matter. You weren't logged into squeaksource (your
> credentials were not used on the repository) when you uploaded the
> package, so you can't delete it.
>
> Levente

Hi Vaidotas,

I do have administrative access to squeaksource, so I could delete the file
if necessary. But I see that you have already updated it with CSV-vd.12 to
resolve the problem. That really is the best way to handle an issue like
this, because deleting a file can sometimes lead to other problems. So I
think that what you did is fine, and you have resolved the issue in the
best way.

Dave

> >On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 7:48 PM, Vaidotas Did??balis <[hidden email]>
> >wrote:
> >      Thank you all,
> >But it doing as instructed page says that only admins can delete
> >versions...

Re: please delete item on squeaksource

vaidasd
ok, thank you