pluginizing Galois Fields

1 message Options

pluginizing Galois Fields

Robert Withers
I thought I would post to these lists. I have a nascent implementation
of Reed-Solomon encoding using Galois Fields. Computation within the
field is governed by polynomial representation and operations (add,
subtract, multiply, divide, inverse, exp, log). These operations on
polynomials is where the profile says most time is being used.  The code
can be seen in the SecureSession package in squeaksource's Cryptography
repository.

The point of this email is to see if the folks who would know how to
represent polynomials and operations in Slang would be interested in
working towards this performance effort, whether through discussion of
implementation. How would you Slanginize a polynomial and it's operations?

manythanks,
--
. .. .. ^,^ robert