post Pier sprint - packages, repositories, files

post Pier sprint - packages, repositories, files

Nick
Hi,

All the work in the Eindhoven sprint repository is now checked into the pier2, pier2addons or Seaside30Addons repositories. In the process I performed a little refactoring on some of our work.

Admin interface
============
Found in pier2addons, Pier-Admin

PRAdminFrame class contains various helpers for loading and configuring; see #loadDependentPackages, #register, #configureFileLibrary

I've put Thomas's files into PRAdminFileLibrary, as it seems to be the easiest way to distribute the files. However for Thomas to continue to work on the design it probably makes sense to export the files then use an external file library to serve them. To export the files:

PRAdminFileLibrary deployFiles.

...which will result in a folder PRAdminFileLibrary containing the files in the same directory as the running image. As WAFileLibrary currently (I think) doesn't support paths, I've put removed the img folder and moved the images into the same folder as the css file. I've also renamed pier.css to pieradmin.css as it's the css associated with the admin interface.

Maarten's #browseCssClass I've refactored so that #cssClass now allows a specific css class to be specified for a structure. I think that makes sense to expand #cssClass rather than having the potential confusion of two methods which providing similar functionality.

I've removed PRAdminDistribution as it largely replicated PRDistribution. I took the register changes into PRAdminFrame class >> #register. I guess we either need to modify PRDistribution to come up with a pier show-case distribution or create a new distribution. Ideally the admin interface will allow these distributions to be browsed and installed - it currently allows switching between different pier kernels.

Pier-Ace
======
Pier-Ace - copied directly into pier2addons - I'm afraid I missed Bart's demo - perhaps Bart could explain more...

Simple external file support.
====================
Adriaan's WAExternalFileLibrary has been renamed WAFileSystemFileLibrary (from WAExternalFileLibrary to avoid a name collision) and I've checked it into the repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside30Addons' package 'Seaside-FileSystemLibrary'. Maybe it should become part of Seaside-Core in the future

Security changes
=============
I've copied Reza's security changes directly into PRDistribution. I think there are more to come - though this also has to do with our Pier kernel boot-strapping approach from the admin interface.

Pier-Wysiwyg
==========
The Wysiwyg editor work Norbert and I started on Sunday afternoon is in pier2addons - package Pier-Wysiwyg. Again I've put the external Javascript library into a WAFileLibrary for ease of distribution. The approach looks promising though this is a very early version.

still to come
=========
Bart's JQuery tree widget which we can then integrate into the admin interface.

Hope this makes sense. Shout if I missed something or you violently disagree with the "tidying" I've performed prior to check-in.

Thanks all for a great weekend

Nick

Re: post Pier sprint - packages, repositories, files

Louis Andriese
Hi Nick,

thanks for integrating all this stuff.
To all the participants: thank you for taking the time to come to Eindhoven.
The thing I liked best is that our combined inspiration has led to a valuable improvement of Pier, that wouldn't have been possible without meeting irl.
Now let's keep that fire burning ;)

Kind regards,
Louis