postgres version for Store

stephane ducasse-2
Hi

I wanted to have a local store running on my machine.
So I installed postgres 9.4 and I can publish code to it. But when I want to load code I get
bitshift: and other error. And glorp does not like it
So I would like to know if there is a special version of postgres that I should use.
I tried in vw7.4 and vw7.6.
Should I load a special parcel in addition?
What is the version of postgres for store by default

Re: postgres version for Store

Steven Kelly
That's quite an old VW, and quite a new Postgres, so:
http://forum.world.st/VW-7-6-UHE-bitShift-viewing-7-9-1-repository-td4665949.
html
Q: I have a 7.9.1 Postgres Store repository that works fine with a VW 7.9.1
image. But when I select a version of that repository in a VW 7.6 image I get
a Store.DatabaseMessageBox displaying:
 ERROR:  Message not understood: #bitShift:

A: Please make sure your postgresql.conf file has these settings,
standard_conforming_strings = off
bytea_output = 'escape'

Steve

Karsten Kusche
Hi Stephane,

i believe the problem is that the old VisualWorks versions 7.4 and 7.6 do not support the new Postgres 9.x communication protocol.  If you use VisualWorks 7.9+ you should have better results. Or install Postgres 8.x instead of 9.x.

Kind Regards
Karsten

--
Karsten Kusche - Dipl. Inf. (FH) - [hidden email]
Georg Heeg eK - Köthen

Am 16. April 2015 bei 15:35:52, stephane ducasse ([hidden email]) schrieb:

Hi

I wanted to have a local store running on my machine.
So I installed postgres 9.4 and I can publish code to it. But when I want to load code I get
bitshift: and other error. And glorp does not like it
So I would like to know if there is a special version of postgres that I should use.
I tried in vw7.4 and vw7.6.
Should I load a special parcel in addition?
What is the version of postgres for store by default

Re: postgres version for Store

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

See Steven’s answer, you can configure newer PostgreSQL to work as well,

standard_conforming_strings = off

bytea_output = 'escape'

-Boris

DeepCove Labs

Re: postgres version for Store

stephane ducasse-2
thanks.
I do not chose the version I worked on.

Stef

On 16 Apr 2015, at 16:29, Boris Slobodin, DeepCove Labs <[hidden email]> wrote:

standard_conforming_strings = off
bytea_output = 'escape'

-Boris
DeepCove Labs

Re: postgres version for Store

stephane ducasse-2
I tried and I modified the posgres.conf file following your instruction but it does not work.
I tried to connect to the database using Dbeaver and it crashes when accessing the table
while before it worked.
May be dbeaver is not able to deal with different setting.
So I will try to find an old 8.4 version.