prespur vm for sierra

Tudor Girba-2

Hi,

I have a demo image coming from a pre-Spur era, and I just realized that I cannot run the old VM on Sierra.

Is there a version that I can use for this?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: prespur vm for sierra

fniephaus

Hi Doru,

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:13 PM Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have a demo image coming from a pre-Spur era, and I just realized that I cannot run the old VM on Sierra.

Is there a version that I can use for this?

Maybe this one works?

Best,
Fabio

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: prespur vm for sierra

Clément Béra

At this address:
This VM:
Pharo-VM-mac-latest.zip
is for pre-Spur and should be compatible with Sierra.

I don't know about the stable one as it's from 2014 and Sierra is from 2016 ...

The VM suggested by Fabio should work, but I would not use a squeak VM for production with Pharo (some plugins are different / missing and it may be a problem in your use cases).

Best,

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have a demo image coming from a pre-Spur era, and I just realized that I cannot run the old VM on Sierra.

Is there a version that I can use for this?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: prespur vm for sierra

Tudor Girba-2

Thanks.

Doru

> On May 9, 2017, at 2:28 PM, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> At this address:
> http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo/mac/
> This VM:
> Pharo-VM-mac-latest.zip
> is for pre-Spur and should be compatible with Sierra.
>
> I don't know about the stable one as it's from 2014 and Sierra is from 2016 ...
>
> The VM suggested by Fabio should work, but I would not use a squeak VM for production with Pharo (some plugins are different / missing and it may be a problem in your use cases).
>
> Best,
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a demo image coming from a pre-Spur era, and I just realized that I cannot run the old VM on Sierra.
>
> Is there a version that I can use for this?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."