printStringRadix: what should it produce?

printStringRadix: what should it produce?

cdavidshaffer
Gnu Smalltalk 2.1.12:
  39 printStringRadix: 11  ===> 11r36

VisualWorks 7.3.1
  39 printStringRadix: 11 ===> 36

Squeak 3.7
  39 printStringRadix: 11 ===> 11r36

Squeak 3.8 and 3.9beta
  39 printStringRadix: 11 ===> 36

If we've moved permanently to the the VW-compatible version (no radix
prefix) then several classes in the base image need to be fixed (most
importantly for me UUID>>asString36 but there are others that assume the
radix prefix).  I'll post fixes to mantis unless some one pipes up with
"no we're going to go back to the old way."

David

Re: printStringRadix: what should it produce?

cdavidshaffer
David Shaffer wrote:

>Gnu Smalltalk 2.1.12:
>  39 printStringRadix: 11  ===> 11r36
>
>VisualWorks 7.3.1
>  39 printStringRadix: 11 ===> 36
>
>Squeak 3.7
>  39 printStringRadix: 11 ===> 11r36
>
>Squeak 3.8 and 3.9beta
>  39 printStringRadix: 11 ===> 36

Oops, under 3.9b-7032
39 printStringRadix: 11 ===> 11r36

Under 3.9 printStringRadix: always prefixes with radix and
printStringBase: does not so it just looks like UUID>>asString36 needs
to be fixed.  I'll add a fix to Mantis:
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3405

David