problem connecting to db2 as400 on odbc linux

problem connecting to db2 as400 on odbc linux

giorgiof
Hi, All,
 I have problem connection to a DB" on an AS400 on a linux box via odbc.
Using the adHocQueryTool, I can connect, but after connection,  when I try a simple select, I get this error:

[unixODBC][IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver]Communication link failure. comm rc=10004 - CWBCO1003 - Sockets error, function  returned 10004, AS400

Because using isql it's possible to connect to the as400 and working on the db, it seems that it is the connection via VW having trouble.
Any advice?
I'm on VW 7.4.1 using the latest ODBC for unix from public store.

Thanks

Giorgio

RE: problem connecting to db2 as400 on odbc linux

Wallen, David

I don’t believe unixODBC is supported by Cincom, so you may want to contact the actual publisher for advice.

As for isql, isn’t that a Sybase product? Is the server Sybase or DB2 (or something else… It appears that the ODBC driver software is by IBM, fwiw). Are you sure isql is using ODBC driver layer to contact the server? If it is not using ODBC, you might want to find a different client program to verify that ODBC is actually working outside of VisualWorks.

If the AS400 is hosting a DB2 server, you might want to try using the VisualWorks DB2EXDI package instead of ODBC for Linux. This package should be supported with the next release of VW.

- Dave W

Giorgio

Re: problem connecting to db2 as400 on odbc linux

giorgiof
Hi, David,
Thanks for the answer.
The ODBC for linux is on the public repository and, looking at some thread, looks quite used by other guys.
I was able to have the connection opened, so it apparently seems to work.

isql is the programs the system guys are using, and it is using ODBC for sure. (we ad problem connecting to the DB" on AS  using isql before the etc\odbc.ini file was set up correctly)

ciao

Giorgio

On Jan 11, 2008 3:00 AM, Wallen, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't believe unixODBC is supported by Cincom, so you may want to contact the actual publisher for advice.

As for isql, isn't that a Sybase product? Is the server Sybase or DB2 (or something elseā€¦ It appears that the ODBC driver software is by IBM, fwiw). Are you sure isql is using ODBC driver layer to contact the server? If it is not using ODBC, you might want to find a different client program to verify that ODBC is actually working outside of VisualWorks.