problem installing archiveBrowser package

problem installing archiveBrowser package

jWarrior
I tried to load Ian B's archiveBrowser package and got
"invalid access to memory location - Reading 0xFFFFFFFF".
Hitting debug gpf's Dolphin.  I am using 3.06.

Any ideas? I am trying to find out how to enable and
disable menu items programmatically.

Thanks.

Donald

Re: problem installing archiveBrowser package

Ian Bartholomew-3
Donald,

"Donald MacQueen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:8vtnq6$qbh$[hidden email]...
> I tried to load Ian B's archiveBrowser package and got
> "invalid access to memory location - Reading 0xFFFFFFFF".
> Hitting debug gpf's Dolphin.  I am using 3.06.

Strange, I think we are going to need a bit more information though. Perhaps
you would like to post, or mail me, the error stack (right click on the
walkback dialog and copy to the clipboard is the easy way).

I've just re-downloaded the file from the web site (you are using version 3e
of the browser?) to make sure the recent updates haven't broken anything but
it all seems to load and work for me.

> Any ideas? I am trying to find out how to enable and
> disable menu items programmatically.

The answer _is_ in the archive files, which you can also browse using DSDN
or a simple text editor. Look for references to #queryCommand:. In Dolphin
you edit this method to enable/disable the command that the menu item (or
any command source) sends rather than the menu itself. There are plenty of
examples in the image.

Ian

Re: problem installing archiveBrowser package

jWarrior
filing into a clean image seemed to work. thanks.
gotta put that on my list of things to remember.

now, if I could just find that list ....

"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:8vtuhu$cpd$[hidden email]...
> Donald,
>
> "Donald MacQueen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:8vtnq6$qbh$[hidden email]...
> > I tried to load Ian B's archiveBrowser package and got
> > "invalid access to memory location - Reading 0xFFFFFFFF".
> > Hitting debug gpf's Dolphin.  I am using 3.06.
>
> Strange, I think we are going to need a bit more information though.
Perhaps
> you would like to post, or mail me, the error stack (right click on the
> walkback dialog and copy to the clipboard is the easy way).
>
> I've just re-downloaded the file from the web site (you are using version
3e
> of the browser?) to make sure the recent updates haven't broken anything
but

> it all seems to load and work for me.
>
> > Any ideas? I am trying to find out how to enable and
> > disable menu items programmatically.
>
> The answer _is_ in the archive files, which you can also browse using DSDN
> or a simple text editor. Look for references to #queryCommand:. In Dolphin
> you edit this method to enable/disable the command that the menu item (or
> any command source) sends rather than the menu itself. There are plenty of
> examples in the image.
>
> Ian

Re: problem installing archiveBrowser package

jWarrior
The problem was that Dolphin was not installed. I had copied
it from a backup after a problem. Registering the dlls was
the cure.

So it appears that the error
"invalid access to memory location - Reading 0xFFFFFFFF"
can also be caused by an incomplete installation.

"Donald MacQueen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:8vudud$c1i$[hidden email]...

> filing into a clean image seemed to work. thanks.
> gotta put that on my list of things to remember.
>
> now, if I could just find that list ....
>
> "Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:8vtuhu$cpd$[hidden email]...
> > Donald,
> >
> > "Donald MacQueen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> > news:8vtnq6$qbh$[hidden email]...
> > > I tried to load Ian B's archiveBrowser package and got
> > > "invalid access to memory location - Reading 0xFFFFFFFF".
> > > Hitting debug gpf's Dolphin.  I am using 3.06.
> >
> > Strange, I think we are going to need a bit more information though.
> Perhaps
> > you would like to post, or mail me, the error stack (right click on the
> > walkback dialog and copy to the clipboard is the easy way).
> >
> > I've just re-downloaded the file from the web site (you are using
version
> 3e
> > of the browser?) to make sure the recent updates haven't broken anything
> but
> > it all seems to load and work for me.
> >
> > > Any ideas? I am trying to find out how to enable and
> > > disable menu items programmatically.
> >
> > The answer _is_ in the archive files, which you can also browse using
DSDN
> > or a simple text editor. Look for references to #queryCommand:. In
Dolphin
> > you edit this method to enable/disable the command that the menu item
(or
> > any command source) sends rather than the menu itself. There are plenty
of
> > examples in the image.
> >
> > Ian

Re: problem installing archiveBrowser package

Blair McGlashan
Donald

You wrote in message news:905okh$9lh$[hidden email]...
> The problem was that Dolphin was not installed. I had copied
> it from a backup after a problem. Registering the dlls was
> the cure.
>
> So it appears that the error
> "invalid access to memory location - Reading 0xFFFFFFFF"
> can also be caused by an incomplete installation.

In Dolphin 3.0 that problem is the (rather ungraceful) error that occurs
when the compiler DLL is not registered.

Regards

Blair