problem: nautilus forked moose-algos

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Nautilus includes NautilusCommon and this in turn includes NautilusCommon-Plugin-JannikAlgo which copies verbatim a part of the classes from the Moose-Algos-Graph package from http://www.squeaksource.com/MooseAlgos.

These classes are used in a plugin. Because of this, we cannot use Nautilus in Moose.

So, I would suggest one of these:
- remove the plugin, at least from the default configuration
- load Moose-Algos-Graph properly
- fork with a different name

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
 Tomorrow is a possibility.
 Today is a challenge."

Re: problem: nautilus forked moose-algos

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
I will remove that and push it into another repo.

It was a plugin started by Jannik, but never finished :)

Thanks for report :)

Ben

On Mar 3, 2012, at 9:41 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nautilus includes NautilusCommon and this in turn includes NautilusCommon-Plugin-JannikAlgo which copies verbatim a part of the classes from the Moose-Algos-Graph package from http://www.squeaksource.com/MooseAlgos.
>
> These classes are used in a plugin. Because of this, we cannot use Nautilus in Moose.
>
> So, I would suggest one of these:
> - remove the plugin, at least from the default configuration
> - load Moose-Algos-Graph properly
> - fork with a different name
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Yesterday is a fact.
> Tomorrow is a possibility.
> Today is a challenge."

Re: problem: nautilus forked moose-algos

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I saw that you removed the problematic parts, but now CofigurationOfNautilus throws a loading error, because MonticelloAnnouncer is not present when NautilusMCBindings gets loaded.

Could you take a look?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."

Re: problem: nautilus forked moose-algos

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I saw that you removed the problematic parts, but now CofigurationOfNautilus throws a loading error, because MonticelloAnnouncer is not present when NautilusMCBindings gets loaded.

Are you loading in the LASTEST pharo core 1.4?  I think MonticelloAnnouncer was added just recently (in fact, for Nautilus).

Cheers

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: problem: nautilus forked moose-algos

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks for the pointer. I will update the base image.

Cheers,
Doru

On 4 Mar 2012, at 15:22, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw that you removed the problematic parts, but now CofigurationOfNautilus throws a loading error, because MonticelloAnnouncer is not present when NautilusMCBindings gets loaded.
>
> Are you loading in the LASTEST pharo core 1.4?  I think MonticelloAnnouncer was added just recently (in fact, for Nautilus).
>
> Cheers
>

> Could you take a look?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 3 Mar 2012, at 23:42, Benjamin wrote:
>
> > I will remove that and push it into another repo.
> >
> > It was a plugin started by Jannik, but never finished :)
> >
> > Thanks for report :)
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > On Mar 3, 2012, at 9:41 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Nautilus includes NautilusCommon and this in turn includes NautilusCommon-Plugin-JannikAlgo which copies verbatim a part of the classes from the Moose-Algos-Graph package from http://www.squeaksource.com/MooseAlgos.
> >>
> >> These classes are used in a plugin. Because of this, we cannot use Nautilus in Moose.
> >>
> >> So, I would suggest one of these:
> >> - remove the plugin, at least from the default configuration
> >> - load Moose-Algos-Graph properly
> >> - fork with a different name
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Doru
> >>

> >> --
> >> www.tudorgirba.com
> >>
> >> "Yesterday is a fact.
> >> Tomorrow is a possibility.
> >> Today is a challenge."
> >>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Obvious things are difficult to teach."
>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

Re: problem: nautilus forked moose-algos

Tudor Girba-2
I updated the base Pharo image, and now Nautilus loads properly in the Moose image:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/

Thanks.

Cheers,
Doru