problem saving a package..

guest
Hi people it's me again,

    as says Davorin: situation is as follows:

    In a project we has 3 packages that don't permit to be saved because
supposed cyclic references that doesen't really exist.

    Anybody experienced this?

    thanks

Seb

Re: problem saving a package..

Bill Schwab-2
Seb,

>     In a project we has 3 packages that don't permit to be saved because
> supposed cyclic references that doesen't really exist.
>
>     Anybody experienced this?

That depends: are you **certain** that the cyclic dependency does not exist?

Among other ways, it's very easy to reference a class in a method and
introduce a cycle.  There's a little info about how cycles can arise and
what to do about them on the Wiki.  If you're not sure how to make backups,
see MaintainingAnImage on the Wiki, and make one ASAP so that your code will
be protected (in a backup image/changes/sources set) while you look for the
cause of the problem.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

RE: problem saving a package..

guest
Thank you Bill,

    I should investigate it better.

    I've found that in fact there was some real cyclic dependences (not so
obvious), and I've fixed it allready.

best regards,

Seb