classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

problem starting up with a script on windows

Tudor Girba
Hi,

There seems to be a problem with starting a Pharo 1.2-based image with an initial .st script on Windows.

The problem seems to be in CodeLoader>>installSourceFiles and it is related to the contentStream retrieved from the HTTPDownloadRequest being nil. I attached the debug.log.

I checked the paths and they are all correct. In fact, if I run the same script with a Pharo 1.1.1 image, everything works as expected. I also tried to drag and drop the .st script and again, everything works as expected. So, it seems that there is some initialization problem.

I cannot debug well because I do not have a Windows machine (the situation happens on a server that I cannot access easily). Can someone take a look to see if the problem can be reproduced?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

PharoDebug.log (11K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: problem starting up with a script on windows

Tudor Girba
I managed to debug some more and the problem seems to be introduced by System-Download after the version System-Download-StephaneDucasse.51. If you try any of the newer version, you should get the error.

Ah, one more detail: I worked on a Windows Server 2008 R2 using a Cog VM (both r2316 and r2348).

It would be great if someone else could confirm.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Jan 2011, at 14:04, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There seems to be a problem with starting a Pharo 1.2-based image with an initial .st script on Windows.
>
> The problem seems to be in CodeLoader>>installSourceFiles and it is related to the contentStream retrieved from the HTTPDownloadRequest being nil. I attached the debug.log.
>
> I checked the paths and they are all correct. In fact, if I run the same script with a Pharo 1.1.1 image, everything works as expected. I also tried to drag and drop the .st script and again, everything works as expected. So, it seems that there is some initialization problem.
>
> I cannot debug well because I do not have a Windows machine (the situation happens on a server that I cannot access easily). Can someone take a look to see if the problem can be reproduced?
>
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."
>
>
> <PharoDebug.log>

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks doru.
Can you open a ticket?

Stef

> I managed to debug some more and the problem seems to be introduced by System-Download after the version System-Download-StephaneDucasse.51. If you try any of the newer version, you should get the error.
>
> Ah, one more detail: I worked on a Windows Server 2008 R2 using a Cog VM (both r2316 and r2348).
>
> It would be great if someone else could confirm.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>
> On 25 Jan 2011, at 14:04, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There seems to be a problem with starting a Pharo 1.2-based image with an initial .st script on Windows.
>>
>> The problem seems to be in CodeLoader>>installSourceFiles and it is related to the contentStream retrieved from the HTTPDownloadRequest being nil. I attached the debug.log.
>>
>> I checked the paths and they are all correct. In fact, if I run the same script with a Pharo 1.1.1 image, everything works as expected. I also tried to drag and drop the .st script and again, everything works as expected. So, it seems that there is some initialization problem.
>>
>> I cannot debug well because I do not have a Windows machine (the situation happens on a server that I cannot access easily). Can someone take a look to see if the problem can be reproduced?
>>
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."
>>
>>
>> <PharoDebug.log>
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Tudor Girba
Done:
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3595

Doru

On 25 Jan 2011, at 21:43, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Thanks doru.
> Can you open a ticket?
>
> Stef
>
>> I managed to debug some more and the problem seems to be introduced by System-Download after the version System-Download-StephaneDucasse.51. If you try any of the newer version, you should get the error.
>>
>> Ah, one more detail: I worked on a Windows Server 2008 R2 using a Cog VM (both r2316 and r2348).
>>
>> It would be great if someone else could confirm.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>>
>> On 25 Jan 2011, at 14:04, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There seems to be a problem with starting a Pharo 1.2-based image with an initial .st script on Windows.
>>>
>>> The problem seems to be in CodeLoader>>installSourceFiles and it is related to the contentStream retrieved from the HTTPDownloadRequest being nil. I attached the debug.log.
>>>
>>> I checked the paths and they are all correct. In fact, if I run the same script with a Pharo 1.1.1 image, everything works as expected. I also tried to drag and drop the .st script and again, everything works as expected. So, it seems that there is some initialization problem.
>>>
>>> I cannot debug well because I do not have a Windows machine (the situation happens on a server that I cannot access easily). Can someone take a look to see if the problem can be reproduced?
>>>
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."
>>>
>>>
>>> <PharoDebug.log>
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."