problem witch Pier

firerox
Hi all,

I've got a problem witch Pier.
I created an application with Seaside. And I want to add
the application in Pier.

I wrote in Edit mode +application+, than I clicked on it
and select type: Component. Exactly like on this video: http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/pier/videos/sushi.mov
But in combobox Component class
i don't see my seaside application. What is the way to put my application in this list and then
in Pier?
Thank You very much!!

Best regards.

Marek Fiala

Re: problem witch Pier

Philippe Marschall
2007/12/11, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a problem witch Pier.
> I created an application with Seaside. And I want to add
> the application in Pier.
>
> I wrote in Edit mode +application+, than I clicked on it
> and select type: Component. Exactly like on this video: http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/pier/videos/sushi.mov
> But in combobox Component class
> i don't see my seaside application. What is the way to put my application in this list and then
> in Pier?

On the class side implement
canBeRoot
    ^ true

Cheers
Philippe

> Thank You very much!!
>
> Best regards.
>
> Marek Fiala

Re: problem witch Pier

firerox
>On the class side implement
>canBeRoot
>    ^ true

I have been implemented method canBeRoot.
I knew it, but it doesn't resolve my problem :(
Have you any hint?

Thank you very much!

Marek Fiala

> Od: [hidden email]
> Komu: &quot;Magritte, Pier and Related Tools ...&quot; <[hidden email]>
> Datum: 11.12.2007 17:01
> Předmět: Re: problem witch Pier
>
>2007/12/11, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've got a problem witch Pier.
>> I created an application with Seaside. And I want to add
>> the application in Pier.
>>
>> I wrote in Edit mode +application+, than I clicked on it
>> and select type: Component. Exactly like on this video: http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/pier/videos/sushi.mov
>> But in combobox Component class
>> i don't see my seaside application. What is the way to put my application in this list and then
>> in Pier?
>
>On the class side implement
>canBeRoot
>    ^ true
>
>Cheers
>Philippe
>
>> Thank You very much!!
>>
>> Best regards.
>>
>> Marek Fiala

Re: problem witch Pier

Philippe Marschall
2007/12/12, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
> >On the class side implement
> >canBeRoot
> >    ^ true
>
> I have been implemented method canBeRoot.
> I knew it, but it doesn't resolve my problem :(
> Have you any hint?

The code to select the components is:
componentClasses
        ^ ((PRWidget allSubclasses reject: [ :each | each isAbstract ]) asArray
                sort: [ :a :b | a label < b label ];
                yourself) ,
          ((WAComponent allSubclasses select: [ :each | each canBeRoot ]) asArray
                sort: [ :a :b | a label < b label ];
                yourself)

So canBeRoot should really be enough unless you inherit from PRWidget,
in this case to have to implement

isAbstract
        ^ false

Cheers