problem with Cairo library

Arnaud
Hi All,

I have implement a method that is indicating where external library
inthis case libpcap. When i try to inspect the method and having and
error : cannot locate cairo library please check if it is install on
your system.
After installing it on my ubuntu 14.04, i still have thesame error.

What can be the cause of this error and how can i solve it?

Re: problem with Cairo library

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 19-04-16 06:59, mathias arnaud nkeumo tsombeng wrote:
> I have implement a method that is indicating where external library
> inthis case libpcap. When i try to inspect the method and having and
> error : cannot locate cairo library please check if it is install on
> your system.
> After installing it on my ubuntu 14.04, i still have thesame error.
>
> What can be the cause of this error and how can i solve it?
First thing that comes to mind is: are you sure you installed the 32 bit
version of the external library?

Stephan

Re: problem with Cairo library

Peter Uhnak
Yes, check that you have 32bit (apt-get install libcairo2:i386) and that it's on one of those locations:

'/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2'
'/usr/lib32/libcairo.so.2'
'/usr/lib/libcairo.so.2'

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 19-04-16 06:59, mathias arnaud nkeumo tsombeng wrote:
I have implement a method that is indicating where external library
inthis case libpcap. When i try to inspect the method and having and
error : cannot locate cairo library please check if it is install on
your system.
After installing it on my ubuntu 14.04, i still have thesame error.

What can be the cause of this error and how can i solve it?
First thing that comes to mind is: are you sure you installed the 32 bit
version of the external library?

Stephan

Re: problem with Cairo library

Damien Cassou-2

did you install pharo through the PPA? http://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: problem with Cairo library

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 19/04/16 06:59, mathias arnaud nkeumo tsombeng wrote:
> I have implement a method that is indicating where external library
> inthis case libpcap.

With libpcap you need privileges to access the network adapter
to capture all traffic. You might want to be careful about
security applications

Stephan

Re: problem with Cairo library

Ben Coman
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 12:59 PM, mathias arnaud nkeumo tsombeng
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have implement a method that is indicating where external library
> inthis case libpcap. When i try to inspect the method and having and
> error : cannot locate cairo library please check if it is install on
> your system.
> After installing it on my ubuntu 14.04, i still have thesame error.
>
> What can be the cause of this error and how can i solve it?

Can you show your code for this?

cheers -ben

Re: problem with Cairo library

Arnaud
Hi Damien,

Thanks the issue is solve with the link.
Best Regards
Arnaud Tsombeng