problem with FLMaterializer

jb

problem with FLMaterializer

jb
Hi everyone,

 trying to migrate a Seaside application from Pharo4 to Pharo6 I get a problem with FLMaterializer.

An expression like

(FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: aFileRefence)

results in

MessageNotUnderstood: FileReference>>convertToWithConverter:

The same file can be materialized in Pharo4  without problems.

Johannes

Re: problem with FLMaterializer

Peter Kenny

Johannes

Just a suggestion: FLMaterializer class >>materializeFromFileNamed: requires as argument aFilename, not aFileRefence. Presumably this means the name as a string. This makes sense, because #convertToWithConverter: is the name of a method understood by strings. If your invocation of the materializer includes asFileReference, try again without that.

Hope this helps

Peter Kenny

jb

Re: problem with FLMaterializer

jb
Peter

Your suggestion is correct. I correct the expression to

(FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: aFileRefence fullName)

Now I get another exception.

KeyNotFound: key #'ositive8SmallIntegerClusterJ4Ü1‚ð+–( %?"<9ª6PM¾0d*ÒD ''x!Œ8' not found in SystemDictionary

I think this is a compatibility problem between different Fuel versions.

Johannes

Am 05.08.2017 um 11:13 schrieb PBKResearch <[hidden email]>:

Johannes

Just a suggestion: FLMaterializer class >>materializeFromFileNamed: requires as argument aFilename, not aFileRefence. Presumably this means the name as a string. This makes sense, because #convertToWithConverter: is the name of a method understood by strings. If your invocation of the materializer includes asFileReference, try again without that.

Hope this helps

Peter Kenny

Johannes

Re: problem with FLMaterializer

CyrilFerlicot

On sam. 5 août 2017 at 13:10, Johannes Brauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Peter

Your suggestion is correct. I correct the expression to

(FLMaterializer materializeFromFileNamed: aFileRefence fullName)

Now I get another exception.

KeyNotFound: key #'ositive8SmallIntegerClusterJ 4Ü 1‚ ð+ –( %? "< 9 ª 6P M ¾0 d *ÒD ''x ! Œ 8' not found in SystemDictionary

I think this is a compatibility problem between different Fuel versions.

Hi,

If you use Fuel to serialize objects with Pharo 4, then you can only materialize them with a Fuel from Pharo 4. Other versions of Fuel will not be able to read them.

Johannes

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr