problem with fuelmoose apparently corrupting exporting

problem with fuelmoose apparently corrupting exporting

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I have a problem with FuelMoose:
- I have an MSE produced by VerveineJ.
- Import it into Moose 4.7
- I export it with FuelMoose
- But, after I import it back I get a DNU from the model. The reason
seems to be that FuelMoose provides a property value (e.g., a method
signature) to the wrong property slot (e.g., the package reference).
- I do not know if it's relevant, but I do this on Windows 7

Originally, I suspected that somehow Fame messes up properties, but I
tried to export and load the same model using the MSE mechanism and
that works properly.

So, I would need help. If someone has time to look into this, I can
provide the model privately.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: problem with fuelmoose apparently corrupting exporting

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with FuelMoose:
- I have an MSE produced by VerveineJ.
- Import it into Moose 4.7
- I export it with FuelMoose
- But, after I import it back I get a DNU from the model. The reason
seems to be that FuelMoose provides a property value (e.g., a method
signature) to the wrong property slot (e.g., the package reference).

This import that you do here is in the same image where you export it?

- I do not know if it's relevant, but I do this on Windows 7

Originally, I suspected that somehow Fame messes up properties, but I
tried to export and load the same model using the MSE mechanism and
that works properly.

It looks weird :(

1) you are in Pharo 1.4 right?

2) Maybe there is something wrong in this black magic:

shouldIgnore: attribute withAll: values
"Copied from FMRepositoryVisitor>>ignoreProperty:withAll:"

^ values isEmpty or: [
attribute isDerived or: [
attribute type == FM3MetaDescription boolean and: [
values size == 1 and: [
values first == false ]]]]

or

attributes

^attributes ifNil: [ attributes := self classDescription allAttributes reject: [ :anAttribute | anAttribute isDerived ] ].

Anyway...I don't think it could be a problem of fuel but rather fuelmoose in that case. If I were you, I would analyze the methods of FLFameCluster and see if from the "domain" point of view there could be something wrong.

Finally, has you tried this before? (when you were using Fuel 1.6 and previous versions of FuelMoose)

So, I would need help. If someone has time to look into this, I can
provide the model privately.

Send it to me and to Martin if you want. No promise but you don't loose anything ;)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: problem with fuelmoose apparently corrupting exporting

Tudor Girba-2
It was not fixed. The issue is still around.

I tried to debug it, but I did not get to understand why it happens. I
could use some help.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Doru. Was this finally fixed? is it still happening?
>

> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with FuelMoose:
>>> - I have an MSE produced by VerveineJ.
>>> - Import it into Moose 4.7
>>> - I export it with FuelMoose
>>> - But, after I import it back I get a DNU from the model. The reason
>>> seems to be that FuelMoose provides a property value (e.g., a method
>>> signature) to the wrong property slot (e.g., the package reference).
>>

>> This import that you do here is in the same image where you export it?
>>

>>> - I do not know if it's relevant, but I do this on Windows 7
>>>
>>> Originally, I suspected that somehow Fame messes up properties, but I
>>> tried to export and load the same model using the MSE mechanism and
>>> that works properly.
>>

>> It looks weird :(
>>
>> 1) you are in Pharo 1.4 right?
>>
>> 2) Maybe there is something wrong in this black magic:
>>
>> shouldIgnore: attribute withAll: values
>> "Copied from FMRepositoryVisitor>>ignoreProperty:withAll:"
>>
>> ^ values isEmpty or: [
>> attribute isDerived or: [
>> attribute type == FM3MetaDescription boolean and: [
>> values size == 1 and: [
>> values first == false ]]]]
>>
>> or
>>
>> attributes
>>
>> ^attributes ifNil: [ attributes := self classDescription allAttributes
>> reject: [ :anAttribute | anAttribute isDerived ] ].
>>

>> Anyway...I don't think it could be a problem of fuel but rather fuelmoose
>> in that case. If I were you, I would analyze the methods of FLFameCluster
>> and see if from the "domain" point of view there could be something wrong.
>>
>> Finally, has you tried this before? (when you were using Fuel 1.6 and
>> previous versions of FuelMoose)
>>

>>> So, I would need help. If someone has time to look into this, I can
>>> provide the model privately.
>>

>> Send it to me and to Martin if you want. No promise but you don't loose
>> anything ;)
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"
>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
>>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: problem with fuelmoose apparently corrupting exporting

tinchodias
Hi
I can help this week, how can I reproduce it?

Martin

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It was not fixed. The issue is still around.
>
> I tried to debug it, but I did not get to understand why it happens. I
> could use some help.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Doru. Was this finally fixed? is it still happening?
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> This import that you do here is in the same image where you export it?

>>> It looks weird :(
>>>
>>> 1) you are in Pharo 1.4 right?
>>>
>>> 2) Maybe there is something wrong in this black magic:
>>>
>>> shouldIgnore: attribute withAll: values
>>> "Copied from FMRepositoryVisitor>>ignoreProperty:withAll:"
>>>
>>> ^ values isEmpty or: [
>>> attribute isDerived or: [
>>> attribute type == FM3MetaDescription boolean and: [
>>> values size == 1 and: [
>>> values first == false ]]]]
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> attributes
>>>
>>> ^attributes ifNil: [ attributes := self classDescription allAttributes
>>> reject: [ :anAttribute | anAttribute isDerived ] ].
>>>

>>> Anyway...I don't think it could be a problem of fuel but rather fuelmoose
>>> in that case. If I were you, I would analyze the methods of FLFameCluster
>>> and see if from the "domain" point of view there could be something wrong.
>>>
>>> Finally, has you tried this before? (when you were using Fuel 1.6 and
>>> previous versions of FuelMoose)

>>> Send it to me and to Martin if you want. No promise but you don't loose
>>> anything ;)

>>> --
>>> Mariano
>>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
>>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: problem with fuelmoose apparently corrupting exporting

Tudor Girba-2
Great. I will prepare a case study until tomorrow.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> I can help this week, how can I reproduce it?
>
> Martin
>
> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It was not fixed. The issue is still around.
>>
>> I tried to debug it, but I did not get to understand why it happens. I
>> could use some help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Doru. Was this finally fixed? is it still happening?

>>> --
>>> Mariano
>>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: problem with fuelmoose apparently corrupting exporting

Martin

if you have time I would like you to push layout and class builder :)

stef

On Sep 30, 2012, at 5:40 PM, Martin Dias wrote:

> Hi
> I can help this week, how can I reproduce it?
>
> Martin
>
> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It was not fixed. The issue is still around.
>>
>> I tried to debug it, but I did not get to understand why it happens. I
>> could use some help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Doru. Was this finally fixed? is it still happening?

>>> --
>>> Mariano
>>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: problem with fuelmoose apparently corrupting exporting

tinchodias
Ok
I'm back to work after graduation!