problems running pier headless

sergio_101-2
i originally sent this to the pharo list, but i might better to send it here..

i have upgraded my squeak VM to:

4.0.3-2202

after having problems getting it to run on:

3.11.3.2135 Unix VM

but i am still having problems getting my headless to run.. 'run'
looks like this:

# settings
USER="optimizeguys"
VM="/usr/local/bin/squeak"
VM_PARAMS="-mmap 256m -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null"
IMAGE="Pier.image"

# start the vm
exec \
   /usr/local/bin/setuidgid "$USER" \
   "$VM" $VM_PARAMS "$IMAGE"

the error i am getting is:

# ./run
SQUEAK_ENCODING=UTF-8
SQUEAK_PATHENC=UTF-8
SQUEAK_PLUGINS=/usr/local/lib/squeak/4.0.3-2202
+ exec /usr/local/lib/squeak/4.0.3-2202/squeakvm -mmap 256m
-vm-sound-null -vm-display-null Pier.image
This interpreter (vers. 6502) cannot read image file (vers. 6505).
Press CR to quit...

any ideas?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: problems running pier headless

Lukas Renggli
Looks like you use a Cog image without a Cog VM.

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looks like you use a Cog image without a Cog VM.

i am not sure what this means..

what is a Cog image? where would li go about finding a Cog VM?

thanks!

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: problems running pier headless

Lukas Renggli
    http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/

Alternatively you use the VM that comes shipped with the one-click images.

Lukas

On 22 November 2010 10:40, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:36 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Looks like you use a Cog image without a Cog VM.
>>

> i am not sure what this means..
>
> what is a Cog image? where would li go about finding a Cog VM?
>
> thanks!
>

> --
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.CodingForHire.com
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: problems running pier headless

sergio_101-2
>    http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/
>
> Alternatively you use the VM that comes shipped with the one-click images.

okay.. i am having a bit of trouble in this end..

i downloaded the cog vm.. but i wasn't sure if i should just go ahead
and replace everything in my system by hand.. so i grabbed the vm from
the one-click image (the linux one) .. and copied all the files right
into the same directory as my pier image..

then, i just changed my "run" to reflect this..

VM="squeakvm"

obviously, it didn't work..

curiously, i get this..

setuidgid: fatal: unable to run squeakvm: access denied

ideas?

thanks!

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: problems running pier headless

Lukas Renggli

> setuidgid: fatal: unable to run squeakvm: access denied

I am sorry, I cannot help with that. I've never seen that problem
before. Maybe the Pharo or SqueakVM list is of better help here.

Lukas