problems trying to run headless

sergio_101
i have upgraded my squeak VM to:

4.0.3-2202

after having problems getting it to run on:

3.11.3.2135 Unix VM

but i am still having problems getting my headless to run.. 'run'
looks like this:

# settings
USER="optimizeguys"
VM="/usr/local/bin/squeak"
VM_PARAMS="-mmap 256m -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null"
IMAGE="Pier.image"

# start the vm
exec \
    /usr/local/bin/setuidgid "$USER" \
    "$VM" $VM_PARAMS "$IMAGE"

the error i am getting is:

# ./run
SQUEAK_ENCODING=UTF-8
SQUEAK_PATHENC=UTF-8
SQUEAK_PLUGINS=/usr/local/lib/squeak/4.0.3-2202
+ exec /usr/local/lib/squeak/4.0.3-2202/squeakvm -mmap 256m
-vm-sound-null -vm-display-null Pier.image
This interpreter (vers. 6502) cannot read image file (vers. 6505).
Press CR to quit...

any ideas?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: problems trying to run headless

Yanni Chiu
On 21/11/10 1:03 AM, sergio_101 wrote:
> SQUEAK_PLUGINS=/usr/local/lib/squeak/4.0.3-2202
> + exec /usr/local/lib/squeak/4.0.3-2202/squeakvm -mmap 256m
> -vm-sound-null -vm-display-null Pier.image
> This interpreter (vers. 6502) cannot read image file (vers. 6505).
> Press CR to quit...
>
> any ideas?

4.0.3-2202 is a non-Cog VM. Did you develop the image that you're trying
to run on a machine that was running Cog. If so, then you must use Cog
on your headless server too; or, rebuild your image without using Cog.

I'm not sure about the image file versions you report, but the only time
I've run into incompatible image file versions was when I was switching
over to Cog.

Re: problems trying to run headless

sergio_101

> 4.0.3-2202 is a non-Cog VM. Did you develop the image that you're trying to
> run on a machine that was running Cog. If so, then you must use Cog on your
> headless server too; or, rebuild your image without using Cog.

hmmm.. i am just using the one click image i got from the pier site:

Pharo1.1.1
Latest update: #11414

--
----

On 21/11/10 2:03 AM, sergio_101 wrote:

>> 4.0.3-2202 is a non-Cog VM. Did you develop the image that you're trying to
>> run on a machine that was running Cog. If so, then you must use Cog on your
>> headless server too; or, rebuild your image without using Cog.
>>

> hmmm.. i am just using the one click image i got from the pier site:

It's not the image, it's the VM's that you use. Currently, once you run
an image with a Cog VM, and save it, then you must continue using a Cog
VM to run that image.