problems with SqueakMap account

Dave Raymer
Gentlebeings,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question ... but given that I'm a Squeak beginner it seems like the first place to start.  I've tried to create a SqueakMap account, and much like building a castle in a swamp -- it fell over.  That is, I got a simple "an error has occurred" message.  So I tried it again, and guess what, it fell over too.  I am now the proud owner of 2 SqueakMap accounts for which I never received the initial login email.

I tried the 'mainteiners' [sic] link -- but got an email in spanish that seemed to indicate that the email address for the 'mainteiners' was not good (but my spanish is rotten ...).

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

br,
  Dave

Re: problems with SqueakMap account

stephane ducasse-2
Hi dave

I'm sure that goran will reply and help you.
Now I suggest you to use monticello and squeaksoruce to manage your code
have a look at my video to get a step by step video of the process
        http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/Videos/

Stef

On 14 sept. 06, at 01:51, Dave Raymer wrote:

> Gentlebeings,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question ... but
> given that I'm a Squeak beginner it seems like the first place to
> start.  I've tried to create a SqueakMap account, and much like
> building a castle in a swamp -- it fell over.  That is, I got a
> simple "an error has occurred" message.  So I tried it again, and
> guess what, it fell over too.  I am now the proud owner of 2
> SqueakMap accounts for which I never received the initial login email.
>
> I tried the 'mainteiners' [sic] link -- but got an email in spanish
> that seemed to indicate that the email address for the
> 'mainteiners' was not good (but my spanish is rotten ...).
>
> Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> br,
>   Dave

Re: problems with SqueakMap account

Dave Raymer
Stephane,

very helpful, thank you.

-- dave

On 9/14/06, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi dave

I'm sure that goran will reply and help you.
Now I suggest you to use monticello and squeaksoruce to manage your code
have a look at my video to get a step by step video of the process
        http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/Videos/

Stef

On 14 sept. 06, at 01:51, Dave Raymer wrote:

> Gentlebeings,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question ... but
> given that I'm a Squeak beginner it seems like the first place to
> start.  I've tried to create a SqueakMap account, and much like
> building a castle in a swamp -- it fell over.  That is, I got a
> simple "an error has occurred" message.  So I tried it again, and
> guess what, it fell over too.  I am now the proud owner of 2
> SqueakMap accounts for which I never received the initial login email.
>
> I tried the 'mainteiners' [sic] link -- but got an email in spanish
> that seemed to indicate that the email address for the
> 'mainteiners' was not good (but my spanish is rotten ...).
>
> Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> br,
>   Dave

Re: problems with SqueakMap account

stéphane ducasse-2
have fun :)

> Stephane,
>
> very helpful, thank you.
>
> -- dave

if you have any ideas for other videos let me know. I need some
inputs to understand what confused people
or what they want to learn.