problems with multiselect and #triggerFormElement:

problems with multiselect and #triggerFormElement:

Burella Juan M.
Hi list!.

I am doing an example to use SUUpdate with #triggerFormElement: in a muiltiselect tag. I have problems with this:

1. If I don´t send #selected: with a OrderedCollection, it will raise MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>add: when an element is selected.
2. Once #selected: is setted, when an element is selected the callback block is not evaluated ( so #triggerFormElement: isn't working)

Note that the #triggerForm: works fine.
I'm using Seaside2.8a1-lr.541 and  Scriptaculous-lr.240

"Example code, when an element is selected will open a explorer ( calllback block )"

renderContentOn: aRenderer
 aRenderer form
  id: '1235465456';
  with: [ aRenderer multiSelect
      list: #(1 5  45  87 8 6 48 79 7 987);
      size: 5;
      id: '1245';
      selected: OrderedCollection new;  "If not setted will raise MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>add: "
      callback: [ : list | list explore ];
      onChange: (aRenderer updater
           id: 'xxxxx';
           triggerFormElement: '1245';
           callback: [: render | self break]
           ) ].

 aRenderer div id: 'xxxxx';with: ''

thanks in advance.
Juan M.

Re: problems with multiselect and #triggerFormElement:

Lukas Renggli
> I am doing an example to use SUUpdate with #triggerFormElement: in a
> muiltiselect tag.

Did you read the method comment in #triggerFormElement: ?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On 5/5/08, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am doing an example to use SUUpdate with #triggerFormElement: in a
> muiltiselect tag.

Did you read the method comment in #triggerFormElement: ?

I had not seen it. I read your comment but doesn't says what to do to make it works, just describes there's a problem. So there isn´t solution for now but to trigger the entire form.

Juan M.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: problems with multiselect and #triggerFormElement:

Lukas Renggli
> > > I am doing an example to use SUUpdate with #triggerFormElement: in a
> > > muiltiselect tag.
> >
> > Did you read the method comment in #triggerFormElement: ?
>

> I had not seen it. I read your comment but doesn't says what to do to make
> it works, just describes there's a problem. So there isn´t solution for now
> but to trigger the entire form.

As you read, the solution is to trigger the entire form.

As it is described, Seaside internally depends on additional hidden
fields for checkboxes and multi-select lists. If those are missing the
callbacks don't work as you would expect.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch