programmatic MVP

Günther Schmidt
Bill,

I remember coming across an elaborate article of yours about
programmatic MVP on some wiki.

I just can't find it anymore.

Could you please point me to it?

Günther

Re: programmatic MVP

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Günther,

> I remember coming across an elaborate article of yours about
> programmatic MVP on some wiki.
>
> I just can't find it anymore.
>
> Could you please point me to it?

The two things that I use extensively in that area are subclasses of
ViewGenerator and my Pane Holders package.  Take a look at the latter to
see if it meets your needs.  Otherwise, ViewGenerator will have examples
that might help.  In short, ViewGenerator builds composite presenters,
views, and code, and Pane Holders simplifies dynamically
creating/closing presenters you already have.  My guess is you want Pane
Holders.

I lost most interest in Wikis because too much work disappeared w/o a
trace.  If you can't find it, I might not do much better.  I can take a
look though.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: programmatic MVP

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Günther,

> I lost most interest in Wikis because too much work disappeared w/o a
> trace.  If you can't find it, I might not do much better.  I can take a
> look though.

Could the following be it?

  http://www.object-arts.co.uk/wiki/html/Dolphin/DynamicMVP.htm

Note that my D5 goodies contain a newer version of the pane holders
package than is linked in the wiki page.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: programmatic MVP

Günther Schmidt
Bill,

thanks, yes it is!

You might remember that in an earlier post of mine I inquired about how
to create "fancy", futuristic UI.

I believe that I should investigate DirectX for that. I came across some
posts on this list.

Günther