projects page

Carlos Crosetti
Hi, I amlearning from the recent digest message about the existence of the projects page, I am glad to learn that page ws constructed.

Is there any document showing the LK roadmp, whay would be the next fatures coming?

Regards, Carlos

Re: projects page

Dave Crossland
As well as the roadmap, which events are the developers planning to attend this year? :)

Re: projects page

Robert Krahn-5
Hi Carlos –

I think there are various projects underway in the Lively realm. I personally can only speak for projects happening around the Lively wiki at lively-web.org and https://github.com/LivelyKernel/LivelyKernel.

We plan to focus on three areas in the next weeks and months:

1. A JavaScript module system that enhances support for live development, development via Parts(Bins), isolation of dependencies and debugging / reified execution. We are currently sketching out an implementation here.

2. A more lightweight Morphic implementation that will hopefully allow more scalable applications. Especially in regards to the PartsBin-style development workflow where you typically copy a lot of objects, manually and automatically, the current system is too heavy as object graphs can quickly grow very large. The goal is too support the creation of simulations and games without the need for low-level optimizations.

3. Support for sketching, programming by example, a more "casual" authoring style. Astrid Thomschke's Tick Tock demo was a first approach towards that topic and we are interested in exploring techniques that mix sketching, touch, programming by example, etc.

If there are any topics or use cases you or others might be interested in we would like to hear about that as well.

Best,
Robert