proxy put requests from localhost to webwerkstatt

proxy put requests from localhost to webwerkstatt

Lincke, Jens
Hi,

Lively makes a lot of use from an apache proxy rule

RewriteRule   ^proxy/(.*)$         http://$1 [P]

that rewrites

GET /proxy/lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt

to http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt

on the server side.

Does anyone know how to configure apache so that our proxy rules work with digest authentication?

so that I can do something like:

PUT /proxy/lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt

or more precisely a:

new URL('http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt').asWebResource().put('localhost was here')

from my localhost wiki that uses the same proxy rule.

With that I could download and upload parts from other wikis to the webwerkstatt.

Best,
Jens

Re: proxy put requests from localhost to webwerkstatt

Robert Krahn-3
Just add the digest handler that we use for <Location /repository> already to <Location /proxy> I guess.

On Feb 24, 2012, at 4:42 PM, Lincke, Jens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lively makes a lot of use from an apache proxy rule
>
> RewriteRule   ^proxy/(.*)$         http://$1 [P]
>
> that rewrites
>
> GET /proxy/lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt
>
> to http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt
>
> on the server side.
>
> Does anyone know how to configure apache so that our proxy rules work with digest authentication?
>
> so that I can do something like:
>
> PUT /proxy/lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt
>
> or more precisely a:
>
> new URL('http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt').asWebResource().put('localhost was here')
>
> from my localhost wiki that uses the same proxy rule.
>
> With that I could download and upload parts from other wikis to the webwerkstatt.
>
> Best,
> Jens

Re: proxy put requests from localhost to webwerkstatt

Lincke, Jens
Hi,
I found my problem, but I don't think there is an solution because digest authentication does not work together with the url rewriting and proxy approach.

As far as I understood computes the browser an hash from username, password, random number from server and the url.

Since the browser computes the hash based on the "lcoalhost/proxy/remotehost.com/path" url but not the actual  url the hash and the url are different.... and the server answers with a 400 bad request.

And I wondered why there was nothing in google on that topic :-(

Any Ideas how we ant to let our machines talk to each other? I could always run a node.js server which can do the request for me ;-)

Best,
Jens

Am 24.02.2012 um 16:48 schrieb Krahn, Robert:

> Just add the digest handler that we use for <Location /repository> already to <Location /proxy> I guess.
>

> On Feb 24, 2012, at 4:42 PM, Lincke, Jens wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Lively makes a lot of use from an apache proxy rule
>>
>> RewriteRule   ^proxy/(.*)$         http://$1 [P]
>>
>> that rewrites
>>
>> GET /proxy/lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt
>>
>> to http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt
>>
>> on the server side.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to configure apache so that our proxy rules work with digest authentication?
>>
>> so that I can do something like:
>>
>> PUT /proxy/lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt
>>
>> or more precisely a:
>>
>> new URL('http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/hello.txt').asWebResource().put('localhost was here')
>>
>> from my localhost wiki that uses the same proxy rule.
>>
>> With that I could download and upload parts from other wikis to the webwerkstatt.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jens

Re: proxy put requests from localhost to webwerkstatt

Robert Krahn-3
I use node.js with socket.io.