proxy username and password

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi! I am behind a fucki... proxy that requires user and password. The problem is that in the Pharo preferences I only see to set host and port, but not username and password.

Do you know how can I manage this?

Thanks!

Mariano

ps: I am in MacOS in case it helps

Re: proxy username and password

Adrian Lienhard
HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: proxyServerName port: portNum
proxyUser: aString password: anotherString

Cheers,
Adrian

On Dec 3, 2009, at 21:26 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi! I am behind a fucki... proxy that requires user and password. The
> problem is that in the Pharo preferences I only see to set host and
> port,
> but not username and password.
>
> Do you know how can I manage this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mariano
>
> ps: I am in MacOS in case it helps

Re: proxy username and password

Mariano Martinez Peck
Ups...sorry I forgot to said that I wanted to user monticello. Sorry..

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: proxyServerName port: portNum
proxyUser: aString password: anotherString

Cheers,
Adrian

On Dec 3, 2009, at 21:26 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi! I am behind a fucki... proxy that requires user and password. The
> problem is that in the Pharo preferences I only see to set host and
> port,
> but not username and password.
>
> Do you know how can I manage this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mariano
>
> ps: I am in MacOS in case it helps

Re: proxy username and password

Adrian Lienhard
I don't understand. The proxy settings are global, they are used for
any HTTP requests, also for MC.

Adrian

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't understand. The proxy settings are global, they are used for
any HTTP requests, also for MC.

hahahah sorry, it was me that I didn't understand. I just evaluated and worked like a charm!!!

Now I wonder....can this be added to the preference browser?  alain, what do you think ?

Thank you so much!

mariano

Adrian

On Dec 3, 2009, at 21:32 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Ups...sorry I forgot to said that I wanted to user monticello. Sorry..
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: proxyServerName port: portNum
>> proxyUser: aString password: anotherString
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Dec 3, 2009, at 21:26 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>>> Hi! I am behind a fucki... proxy that requires user and password.
>>> The
>>> problem is that in the Pharo preferences I only see to set host and
>>> port,
>>> but not username and password.
>>>
>>> Do you know how can I manage this?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Mariano
>>>
>>> ps: I am in MacOS in case it helps

Re: proxy username and password

Stéphane Ducasse
this was in the old one and yes we should create a setting.
Alain showed us that with setting it remembers the last entries....
Really cool.

Stef
On Dec 3, 2009, at 9:48 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't understand. The proxy settings are global, they are used for
> any HTTP requests, also for MC.
>

> hahahah sorry, it was me that I didn't understand. I just evaluated and worked like a charm!!!
>
> Now I wonder....can this be added to the preference browser?  alain, what do you think ?
>
> Thank you so much!
>
> mariano
>
> Adrian
>
> On Dec 3, 2009, at 21:32 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > Ups...sorry I forgot to said that I wanted to user monticello. Sorry..
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: proxyServerName port: portNum
> >> proxyUser: aString password: anotherString
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Adrian

Re: proxy username and password

Alain Plantec-4
Mariano Martinez Peck a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I don't understand. The proxy settings are global, they are used for
>     any HTTP requests, also for MC.
>

> hahahah sorry, it was me that I didn't understand. I just evaluated
> and worked like a charm!!!
>
> Now I wonder....can this be added to the preference browser?  alain,
> what do you think ?
Hi Mariano,

he he he... it's in the slice I've sent to inbox today.
you will be able to enter user name, password and also blab email from
the setting browser.

Alain

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Alain Plantec <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I don't understand. The proxy settings are global, they are used for
>     any HTTP requests, also for MC.
>

> hahahah sorry, it was me that I didn't understand. I just evaluated
> and worked like a charm!!!
>
> Now I wonder....can this be added to the preference browser?  alain,
> what do you think ?
Hi Mariano,

he he he... it's in the slice I've sent to inbox today.
you will be able to enter user name, password and also blab email from
the setting browser.

WOW!!! That's being fast :)   I like the synergy of the community.

Alain